Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Books at bed time

Ab is trying to give up her naps. If she takes a nap then at bed time she is still wide awake. She either gets to play quietly on her bed or read a book. Last night she asked if she could go choose a book.
When I went in to tuck her in this is what I found.
Em did the same thing at the same age.

10 comments:

Beckey said...

So sweet!

Brady Nixon said...

Is that the Book of Mormon she was reading? Then it's true... Reading scriptures really can put people to sleep!

Sherry said...

Oh, Joanna. That is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. :)

Anna said...

I loved this. So cute to see pictures of Em at the same age!

Kammi said...

Wow! How cute!! What good kids! Nik did that once too, I will have to post it on my blog.

Amy said...

I'm counting this as my missionary experience for the months since I link your blog to mine:)

Carrie said...

So sweet, you have to love the desire that the kids have at such a young age. I'm still waititng for Rose, I go thru the same thing - if she naps she's up till midnight tearing apart her drawers and closet. If I give her a few books she chews on them and spits them out - I just don't know what to do with her. Actually one night I was so tired I just went to sleep, she was still up. I woke up in the morning and she was gone. I freaked out a little, ran all over upstairs..still no Rosie. I ran downstairs and she was sleeping on the couch with no blanket, just her Pooh bear. Roaming..that can be dangerous.

nixon5 said...

very sweet pictures!

Mary said...

That is so cute. I'm showing it to my kids...maybe they will become inspired.

Heather said...

You and Chris are doing it right.