Thursday, January 24, 2008

You'll shoot your eye out kid

All my darling nephew Cordell wanted for Christmas was a BB gun. The first present he and his twin brother Kayden opened was a Nintendo Wii. Cordell wanted a BB gun so bad that when he saw the Wii he started to cry. I bet he's the only kid on the planet who cried when they got a Wii. He was so excited when he opened the BB gun and couldn't wait to share it with our boys.
He is showing them here how it is done. You may notice how close he is to the grass. That is about all the "power" this gun has. The BB gets just beyond the grass.
C has never shot a gun before.
He tried many positions.
T has also never shot a gun before, but did well and actually hit the target on his first try. It was a pringles can. I then put a big box out there so the other boys would hit the target more often.
Here is Cordell trying again.
I love this picture. This is the snow by the target. All the holes are the BB's that missed the target.
It's a good thing he has such a great dad who knows what he is doing.

After he came out and helped him, C hit the target.

I took the gun because really how can it be. What you can't see is Chris and Liseanne laughing at me because of the way I am standing.
I tried to line everything up just like Chris said
I only had two turns and would you believe I missed on both of them.
I didn't even hit the huge box that the boys all hit. How pathetic is that.
Thanks Cordell for sharing your new BB gun with us. We had such a great time with you and next time I am going to hit that target!
We love you




9 comments:

Anna said...

The fact that you missed was completely the gun's fault. It was not made for your level of expertise.

Chapman Herd said...

Thanks for a good laugh on my birthday! I love that pic of you aiming the gun! Too Funny!! Miss you and your Family!

AF Nixons said...

Those were funny pictures. I'd better not let my boys see them...next thing I know they'll be asking for a gun!

Amy said...

I'm glad you're not firearm savvy. Makes me feel more at home.

Beckey said...

JOANNA! You are so skinny! I am so jealous! You have me motivated now! I am going to get this stupid baby fat off! Thanks!

Kammi said...

Hahaha I was going to say the same thing to you as Beck did, you are so skinny! Whats the secret? I love to shoot guns. :)

Deborah said...

I like that you are randomly throwin in pictures from your trip.

Elder Ethan Coleman said...

OK, skinny-minny. You look great!

Stephanie said...

Family gun time! We did the same thing at a family reunion. Although it was in the summer and we used pop bottles filled with water as targets. I'll have to post some of those pics for you.