
It all started here 13 years ago today. This is the place where Chris proposed. My older sister Melinda had just gotten married and was off to Mexico. Chris and I went down to Crown Burger, one of our favorite places to eat and then to the airport to watch the planes come in. At the SLC airport there was a place right at the begining of the runway where you could sit and listen to the control tower and then watch as the planes came in to land. It was so fun, they would fly right over your head. Anyway then I said lets go to Temple Square and walk around. We had only dated 6 days when we got engaged so I knew we were getting married, but I didn't know he had the ring. We were walking around and we got to this fountain he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. (I should have said No to freak him out) When we were out in Utah this Christmas we took the kids to the same fountain and I told them this story, but it was too cold for them to care. I only got one picture before the baby decided she was done and wanted to go home. I won't get too sappy here, but we are more in love now then we were 13 years and 5 kids ago. We are best friends. We love to be together (one friend says connected at the hip) and can't wait for the next 13+ years.
5 comments:
I love that you took a picture where you got engaged.
I still can't believe you only dated for 6 days. But when you know you know right? You guys are great for each other. I so remember driving by Chris' house every weekend. We totally were stalkers to him and Colby right? Cute picture of the kids!
This is so sweet. You two are one of the happiest couples I know!
Jo-
I hate to say I told you so........... but man did I call that marriage! :) I wish I could see the two of you together now. That is a great story and what a neat idea to take your kids there and tell them the story with a picture. Thats awesome! Tell Chris "hi" from me.
Kammi
That is really beautiful! The kids don't get it now...but they will later!
Post a Comment