
" Which one of these things is not like the other? Which one of these things doesn't belong?"
These are a few of my friends from high school. The three closest to me are three of my best friends. This was Saturday (our first full day in Ut.) and I went to meet them for dinner. I was so tired and almost didn't go, but so glad I did. I hadn't seen them in so long. It was so fun to talk and catch up. We even talked to our friend David who lives in New Jersey and is expecting his first baby this spring (congrats you guys) What fun!
This is Donna. We were in Drama class together and all the musicals. We were hookers in "Guys and Dolls" and in "Li'l Abner" she was Passion...she was great. We took trips together and talked on the phone all the time. One night I remember driving around the town listening to the song "Let's talk about Sex."( come on it has a great beet) over and over. Donna was there with me when at a wrestling match that Chris was in against our school stood up with me and cheered when Chris lost, right in front of his parents and Rebecca (his girlfriend came with his parents..I was jealous and very big about it) Then came into the bathroom with me and cried. I love Donna!
Ahh Karen. I can say so much about Karen, but there are many secrets I just can't make public. Talk about a wonderful friend. We went to my grandmas preschool together and then meet again in 7th grade. I still remember that first day in English class. We were friends from the on. We did so many things together and got into so much trouble together. I remember my mom saying one night, "I'm not going to let you hang out with Karen anymore if this is how you are going to be."(My mom loves her BTW) We were in 9th grade a terrible year for any person. I could do a whole post on Karen (which I just might do). She has helped write a book about Internet pornography that you can look at
here. She is amazing! I love Karen!
This is Annette. She went to Roy with Chris, but that isn't how we met. Our friend Kammi who went to Roy and then Clearfield and then Roy again introduced us to Annette and my life is better for it. Aren't her teeth amazing. She truly is the kindest most loving person and so funny. We have had many great times together. I have always thought Annette was amazing, but this night she was just a little bit more cool in my book. I left my lights on and my car was dead. I hurried and called Karen and Annette to come back. I was just going to have them take me home, but Annette said, "Do you have jumper cables?" I did and would you know it she had my car running in a matter of minutes. I love Annette!
I mean really look at those teeth! Thanks Annette!
10 comments:
Jo-You are such a sweetheart. It was so great to see you. I am serious about coming to see you. You are the beauty queen who doesn't look a day older than when you graduated high school! I am so glad you decided to join us. We love and miss you so much!
So who are the other girls? I didn't recognize anyone else. It is so fun to get together with friends!
Ohhh I LOVE this post! HOW fun to see these girls 15 years later!! How is KAREN????? Ohhh lovely post!
What about the other two? Did they just show up for the picture?
Okay, I am SO jealous! But I am glad that you put those pictures up. Really I am jealous that I couldn't be there though! :( Who is that by April by the way?
I only know one of the other girls. Her name is April and although we went to school together we weren't too close. The other one I don't know who she is, but they all do. I think she was two years older then me. I just went to see my friends. Still so fun!
Jo I adore you! i just read your blog...it's 3 am and i can't sleep. Thats when I make it here. you are the best picture taker, writer and blog-doer :)
I was just looking at Abbie thinking about how much she reminds me of you in Kiddie Kollege. You were the most beautiful girl in the class in your dress and curly pig tails. I was so jealous but loved you then, and loved you when we met again in 7th grade. I wish our kids could play...and wonder if they would get into trouble together like we did.
Jo, i just saw the photos that were taken of you and your family. Oh my goodness! Can i have a copy of the one of you and Chris?? i LOVE LOVE LOVE that one. I'm serious. I want one. and your darling girls (and handsome boys)
Jo I adore you! i just read your blog...it's 3 am and i can't sleep. Thats when I make it here. you are the best picture taker, writer and blog-doer :)
I was just looking at Abbie thinking about how much she reminds me of you in Kiddie Kollege. You were the most beautiful girl in the class in your dress and curly pig tails. I was so jealous but loved you then, and loved you when we met again in 7th grade. I wish our kids could play...and wonder if they would get into trouble together like we did.
Jo I adore you! i just read your blog...it's 3 am and i can't sleep. Thats when I make it here. you are the best picture taker, writer and blog-doer :)
I was just looking at Abbie thinking about how much she reminds me of you in Kiddie Kollege. You were the most beautiful girl in the class in your dress and curly pig tails. I was so jealous but loved you then, and loved you when we met again in 7th grade. I wish our kids could play...and wonder if they would get into trouble together like we did.
Post a Comment