Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

My mom called me about 30 minutes ago (yes way passed the 9:00 cut off time) to tell us President Hinckley had passed away tonight. I am filled with all sorts of emotions. I truly loved President Hinckley. I loved his sense of humor. I loved that you felt his love and concern for everyone. I loved his talks. What a wonderful leader he was. How blessed I feel to have lived during his time as Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He will be missed here on the earth, but what a wonderful reunion right now in Heaven.

(photo taken off KSL website)


4 comments:

Beckey said...

I got a phone call way past the cut off time as well. What a sad phone call, but I remember how much he always said he missed his sweet wife, so it definitely is a wonderful reunion like you said! He was a wonderful prophet and person!

Kammi said...

Are you kidding me?! I guess I am the last to know! WOW! I LOVED HIM!!!! I'm sure everyone did. I am so sad but again what an amazing time in Heaven right now!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. My thoughts were of what a wonderful reunion with darling Marjorie! How blessed we were to have him as our Prophet!

Sherry said...

I agree. I have a friend that lives in his ward and was lucky enough to attend a few weeks ago when he was there. He looked so old and fragile. He reminded me of my Grandpa. I'm sad today but thrilled he is reunited with sweet Sister Hinckley and so many others. Thanks for sharing Jo.