Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fighter Pilots

Grandpa Mike worked at HAFB and with the Germans on airplanes. He was lucky enough to be able to ride in one before he retired. I can't remember the name of the airplane, but for some reason I want to say a F4. Is this even a real plane? Anyway that is besides the point. The kids thought it was cool. Grandpa took his helmet out and let the kids all try it on. They also thought this was very cool.
I had forgotten about all the jets that fly over living so close to the base.
I had forgotten how cool they really are.

Growing up so close to HAFB you just learned to ignore them and then you never notice them at all unless they are doing night flying and you are at a drive in on a date and you can't hear the movie at all. (but then again do you go to drive inn's to watch movies) hahahehehoho. Oh I am kidding. Trying to make you all laugh that's all.
This one loved counting all the jets as they flew over. At one point she told me she had seen 11 since we had been there.
Thanks grandpa Mike for these great pictures. We will send you some.

4 comments:

Anna said...

We are taking one of your girls. It will probably be a sneak attack. They are too cute to pass up!

Deborah said...

Bea couldn't figure out which one was Emily.

Anonymous said...

i never hear the jets unless i'm outside at target....which i am quite often. they are ear splitting when you are close by. loved the pics

Jaime said...

The last pic is so cute, she looks like a little model selling that helmet...I'll take one!