Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Last Saturday was my birthday. (I have no idea how old I am in this picture) Anyway Chris made sure I had a great day. We went to breakfast with the girls, we went shopping, I went to get my hair cut, and then he took me to dinner. I had a great day.

Here we are singing Happy Birthday
Here I am making a wish..what did I wish for...just one nice picture with all my kids. That isn't so hard is it.

This is me asking T, "Please come and get in this picture."
One of the many takes, that didn't quite take!
"Please kids how hard is it for me to get one good picture?!"
I LOVE Am in this picture. She has just about had it.
Why is it that these kind of pictures are the only ones that the kids will cooperate in?
Well one child loves me I guess! :)

All my dearest friends here got together last week to celebrate my and Suzy's birthday. I love that I get to celebrate with her every year. We had a nice breakfast here and I got so many thoughtful things. Beautiful sunflowers (that are still blooming), warm knee high and thigh high socks (needed here), thank you cards (I am going to need them in the coming months) fancy shampoo and conditioner (that I love) a book called "these is my words" (I am LOVING it), I got bookmarks (that are so fun), a beautiful candle, lotions and bath oils, and waterproof mascara with a card that read"to keep you looking beautiful, no matter how many tears you may shed this year" Ironically this is the only gift that I cried over. I love my friends.

16 comments:

AF Nixons said...

Can I come celebrate my birthday with your friends? They sound wonderful and what fun things you got! I actually dread my birthday about as much as Mother's day. And with the sounds of the elections going down the drain too, I'm afraid it's just going to be a long day.

allredclan said...

Oh, how I miss my sister...


Happy Birthday, Jo. You look as beautiful as ever.

Becky A said...

I love your hair, girl! You are beautiful! FUNNY pictures...I haven't even attempted that with my crew. But it makes me want to! I've heard that book "these is my words" is awesome, let me know. It's been on my to read list for years! Happy belated, Joanna...

Deborah said...

I've been thinking that AM is looking more and more like you. Ab is still all Chris.

nixon5 said...

Sounds like a fun one.

Chapman Herd said...

I love your hair! Glad you had a great birthday....I am a Horrible little sister...I still have a package here for you. Someday I"ll make it to the post office....someday........

Heather Jewell said...

Happy (late) Birthday! Your hair looks great. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Kammi said...

Dangit if I didnt forget your birthday!! So sorry. Happy (belated) birthday Jo! Love you hair! And those pictures are so funny.

Heidi said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY from me, your loser friend that never seems to get it on the right day. I think I got a little preoccupied with all the other events going on in your life and totally forgot to wish you a happy birthday on your actual day. I will just have to do what I did for Suzy and say Happy Birthday right now for next year... then I am a year early-- does that make me cooler?

The Nixon Two said...

thanks for making me laugh.I loved all the family pictures. Your kids are growing up so cute and fast. Some day all your kids will laugh at those pictures....And I LOVE your hair cute...dad likes it too. if there are mistakes in typing it"s because it"s hard typing with one hand :(

Beckey said...

Joanna! I love you hair! It is so beautiful! Can you believe you straightened those beautiful curls for so long in high school? (Not that straight hair was bad or anything...but I would KILL to have curly hair like that!!!) I love all of the pictures! Hope you had a great birthday! Love you!

Heidi said...

Happy belated birthday Joanna! Miss you guys! I wish we could do lunch!

Anna said...

I meant to tell you yesterday that your hair looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joanna.

You don't know me, but my sister Margie works with your husband. She told me about Tyler when we were together on October 10, and I have been praying for him, and for your entire family every day since.

This weekend when she came to visit she showed me your blog, and I so enjoyed seeing the pictures of your beautiful family.

I particularly like having a picture of Tyler to look at now when I pray for his health and well-being. There is so much warmth and sparkle in his eyes and his smile that it fills me with even more love and compassion!!!

I hope it gives you comfort to know that even more people than you can imagine care very much about what you are going through, and add their prayers to those of your family and friends.

I am a huge believer in the healing power of prayer... and promise that I will keep Tyler in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Happy belated birthday to you. I hope and pray that you're most heartfelt wishes all come true in the coming year.

God bless you all.

With love,
Amy Pizzarello

Sarah said...

I love you hair Joanna! I'm glad that you had such a great birthday. I hope I can celebrate with you next year.

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday!!

Wondered if you got my email about the towel??! Email me sometime please! jme.mitchell@yahoo.com
Thank YOU!