Monday, October 20, 2008

Why is he smiling?

We just got off the phone with Dr. Miller. His final report from the pathologist came back BENIGN! If you don't believe in miracles, now you have reason to and PROOF! Heavenly Father DOES hear and answer our prayers! He has Juvenile Angiofibroma, which is still very serious, but not life threatening. He will have surgery, 6 weeks of daily radiation, and an 8 week recovery. These tumors do tend to come back. I am sure not every person would be happy with this diagnosis, but after being through what we have just been through...I'll take this.

We can't thank you enough for your prayers and love you have shown us. We really felt uplifted by it all. Thank you for your kind words to him he LOVED reading all the comments. He is still going to need your prayers, faith and LOVE. He has been blessed with a strong testimony and he has felt the spirit so many times during all of this. We have a hard road ahead. He is very nervous about surgery because he knows how painful his biopsy was. The team of doctors will meet on Wednesday to discuss his case and we meet with Dr. Miller on Thursday or Friday to discuss the next step.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHH JOANNA!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly lept out of my chair reading this! And then the tears started to flow. OH. MIRACLE! T - you are truly blessed. You showed great faith, as did your family! We will continue to pray for you. But we know you can do this!!!

Sherry said...

Oh Joanna! I am thrilled for you! I have just been sick about this. Prayers are heard and answered, there is no doubt. What a blessing.
T-you'll make it through. We will continue to pray for you. Be strong!
xoxo

Heidi said...

Yay!!! We are so happy to hear this report!!! T- you will definitely pull through and we will still keep you in our prayers.

Mary said...

This is the best news in the world. Yahoo!!!!!

Jodie said...

So, so glad to read this update tonight! There's nothing more terrifying than the C word. Heavenly Father truly does hear and answer prayers. We will continue to pray for your family. Please let us know if there is anything at all that you need!

nixon5 said...

So glad to hear that. We still will keep you in our prayers T for what is to come. But YEAH too.

KO said...

Jo, Chris, Tyler & Fam! What great news. There are many people who love you guys...people you don't even remember Tyler :) like me.

We will keep praying for you...I'm so happy to hear some good news. I love your picture!!

Kammi said...

Jo! I am so happy to hear that!! I have been praying as I'm sure everyone has. I have been waiting to hear this news. I'm sure you still have a long road ahead but you will make it through.
Tyler, you may not know me and I may not know you but I know where you came from and you have two amazing parents so I KNOW you must be amazing too!
I love you Jo!

Dan said...

Hey buddy! I'm so glad to hear about this recent turn in fortune. Your mom is right about how special you are. I always thought you were unique because of your positive personality and because you've always been a winner. I'm sure in this experience you'll be no different. Good luck T

Lisa C said...

You have been in almost every prayer said in our home since we first heard on Thursday. What a great miracle in answer to your family's great faith. Thank you for being open enough to let us all learn from your experience too. We will continue to pray for you as you go through this intense treatment process!

Amy said...

We're all smiling with you. So happy to hear this news.

Beckey said...

Holy moly! Joanna, I went to bed early last night so I didn't read this until earlier this morning. I saw you had an update so I had to hurry and read before I took Travis into school...I started reading and was like "oh my gosh, oh my gosh..." Travis was saying "what?!!!" Then I started reading it aloud and the tears started streaming down my face!!! Travis ran over and started skimming and only saw the "8 week" part and was at first really bummed...then I said the word "benign" and he got it! Holy freak!!! I am SOOOOOO happy for you guys and Tyler and your entire family! I know that this will still be hard on him but wow! Miracles really do happen. We will definitely keep praying for him every day. This has got to be the best news I've heard all year! :) I have a little package I put together last night for Tyler, I'll get it in the mail today so watch for it. It may take 10 days to get there... LOVE YOU!

April said...

That is the best news! Deborah called us last night to tell us. It's even more exciting reading it and knowing it wasn't a dream!

Seleta said...

What wonderful news- We will keep praying for you!

Alissa said...

What great news!! You are still in our thoughts and prayers.
You can do this T, you are strong and such example to all around you.
We are here if you need anything.

Mike Allred said...

Great to hear! Hang in there T-dog, and tell your Mom now would be a great time for some new video games! ;-)


Mike

Paul said...

Fantastic news!

I know that T has a long road to go, but this certainly gives him a better road on which to travel!

Thinking good thoughts for you all,
Paul

Chapman Herd said...

I really LOVE that picture of T! I think he looks like his Dad!
When you called me last night, my friend Mindy was here and I ran down to tell her, she teared up a little and doesn't even know you! We are SOOO very excited to hear your good news, and will continue to pray For t and his Angiofibroma!

T you Rock! I am so happy for you! Keep being brave!

Deborah said...

Cheers went up at our house with the good news!

Becky A said...

You guys have been in my thoughts constantly. I was so glad to read this happy news...the power of prayer is amazing. Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll get through it. :)

Aukai said...

Awesome! Congratulations T. I was really worried about you. Just try not to use this excuse again to get out of bringing the food on our next camp out. ;-)

The Nixon Two said...

Oh Tyler, as I read all the comments I thought wow look at all the people that love you and your family, some don't even know you. And yet you have a great influence on people with the strength you and your family have. We too were soooooo greatful for the news. We love you so much and miss you even more. The next little while will be hard, but when it seams to hard just come back to your moms blog and read how many people are praying for you. And know that the Lord loves you even more than we all do, so that must be a lot. We know that you can get through this and it will make you even stronger than you are now. We LOVE you T
Grandma and Grandpa

The Nixon Two said...

Oh by the way We love the picture of you.

Heather said...

HOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!! I am crying like a baby for joy!!!!!! Joanna YAY!!!!! YAYAYYAYAYAYYAYYAYAY!!!!!

Paige Storheim said...

Joanna,
as I read your post outloud to our family, there was an audible sigh of happiness! We are so glad and know it's not over, but what a relief, to know what you acutally face!
xo
Paige

Anna said...

I have GOT to remember to keep my phone on. I got this great news this afternoon and was just thrilled. THRILLED! Good luck to T with getting better! Still in our thoughts and prayers, of course.

AF Nixons said...

Wow...I can't imagine what you've been through in the past few weeks with the ups and downs, but I'm so relieved with the news. I hope everything from here on out is only UP!

Elder Ethan Coleman said...

I have continued to check your blog to see what the results were. I am SO very happy for all of you! An early birthday present for you.

Jill Gardner said...

Yeah Tyler! It was great to see your smiling face when I opened your mom's blog this morning. As a matter of fact, lots of us are smiling right now because of this good news. We will keep on praying for courage and peace of mind as you face surgery and other treatments. You'll come out on the other side stronger and even more awesome than you already are! Love, Mrs. Gardner

Katie said...

We are so glad to hear the good news. We will keep you in our prayers. Good luck!

michelem said...

Tyler, keep yer chin up, Gregory's are tough, just ask grandpa Mike.
Email me if you get bored, the 7th graders at the jr high I work at tell me some pretty good jokes I could pass on to you (just don't tell your dad).
Your cousin Johnathan wants to see who would win in a MarioKart smackdown so send me your wii friend code and he will race ya.

love,
Aunt Michele

Jessica said...

T-
I just found out about your weeks of upheaval, but I wanted to say I'm so thrilled your diagnosis turned out much better than you were preparing for. Good luck on your surgery and radiation and best wishes to you and your whole beautiful family.

Love,
your old Sunbeam teacher Jessica