Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday, Day 2- NYC

Saturday we went to check into the race, get our numbers and timing chips. We were talking about how we didn't want to come in the same number as our numbers. This guy was standing there and he said to us "this is one race when time doesn't matter."
I have to confess, I got a little emotional checking in. (shocker I know)
World Trade Center Site
We spent that day on Canal Street. My favorite street in the world. When I am there I lose all sense of judgment and do things I would normally never do, talk to strangers, go into dark alleys (or elevators), go places with people I don't know...
I only bought me one purse and one scarf. I thought I did pretty good.
We were so tired and our feet and legs hurt. I was wondering if I would even run the race the next day. We went back to the apartment and I fell asleep at 7:30 and only woke up to take out my bed. It was great!

5 comments:

Amy said...

The man who told you that this was the one race when it doesn't matter what time you come in was Stephen Siller's brother. I got chocked up checking in too. Glad I wasn't the only one with overrunning emotions.

Beckey said...

I still can't believe the crazy things you do while in NYC...dark alleys??? Joanna! How did the race go? Or is that to come???

nixon5 said...

What fun pictures, cant wait to see more.

Deborah said...

can't wait to see your scarf

Anna said...

So glad we went to bed early that night!