What do I say? Where do I begin. This past week has been a blur. I must say right now that I intend to use my blog as my journal and to keep family updated so you will be hearing a lot about T. We took him in for another biopsy yesterday and he was in there for three hours. Dr. Miller (our ENT) did what is called a frozen section, which means that she took a piece of the growth and sent it over to the lab, they would look at it and see if she got enough live cells for them to work with...it took her three times so that is why he was out for so long. Dr. Miller came out to say that he was doing great, but it was indeed malignant. My heart stopped and my life as I am use to it was gone. They think it is T Cell Lymphoma, but we will find more out today (hopefully) We stayed over night in the hospital. He had an MRI done first thing this morning and now we are home. We are waiting for the pathologist report which will tell us the kind and what stage we are at.
I just want you to know how much we appreciate your kind words and prayers. T really does love reading the comments and seeing how many people love and care about him. Please leave him a message even if you don't know him well or if you have never left a comment before. He needs all the LOVE and encouragement and HOPE that he can get. We will make it through this. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and hears us. How thankful I am to have the gospel in my life. I can't imagine going through this with out it.
Richard G. Scott said (about trials), "The Lord gives you experience that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain."
Richard G. Scott said (about trials), "The Lord gives you experience that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain."
40 comments:
Oh Joanna. Like I said in my e-mail we are praying for him and your family! Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do.
Tyler...you are an awesome kid! You are going to get through this! We loved meeting you this summer and can't wait until we can hang out with you again! Madison and Brooklyn say "Hi" and to get well soon!
Love, Beckey and family
Tyler, This is hard for a little while and then you will be well and healthy again. We'll all be swimming together this summer!
You are such a strong family. We love you and are praying for you.
T you are so brave and strong to go through all of this. All of us bless you in all of our prayers.
We are with you for whatever you need and whenever you need it.
T, if I still had you in my primary class I wouldn't give you a time limit to tell this story. : ) I know you can do this!
T
We are thinking about you and praying about you. My boys love to pray and include you in their prayers now.We love you.
love the Nixon family
We love you and are here for you - let us know if you need absolutely anything.
T: I miss seeing you in Primary now that I'm no longer in there. Thanks for your eagerness to share your knowledge and your wonderful spirit. You are amazing and I know that you will continue to shine on.
You're in our prayers
Team Domm (we might have to change our name to Team T!)
Hi T,
I ran with your mom in NY. I know she is proud of you and loves you so much! You are really brave. You were in our prayers today and will continue to be until you are fully recovered. Hang tough kiddo!
Oh my goodness. I don't know what to say. Good luck with everything. Hang in the T. You will make it and come out stronger! BTW this is Dawn Gee
We love T at our house. He makes Jack belly laugh. Your mom tells me that Jack is a lot like you when you were little. It makes me happy when she says that because I think you are turning into one great young man and would love to have Jack be like you now too.
J&C- ditto to what Anna said. Whatever you need and whenever you need it.
T you are so Aweseome! I am so glad that I have been able to get to know you and see your piano talent grow! I can't wait to see you play linus & lucy upside down! I want you to know I'm thinking about you! I'll see you soon!
Hi Joanna-
I am not sure if this is going to work because I am not familiar with blogging much but I want your family to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you and want you to know that we are here for you if you need anything.
T it looks from these comments that you are one popular guy and really loved. Hang in there guy.
Much love!
Annette
T you are in our thoughts and prayers. You and your family are strong and you are not alone. There are so many people that love you.
We are here for whatever you need day or night.
T-
Adam prayed for you tonight, you're my hero, such a brave kid.
Joanna-
Let us know what we can do. If you don't ask us for anything we might resort to leaving random batches of monster cookies and cinnamon rolls on your door step.
Joanna,
I'm so sorry and not sure what to say exactly....Just have faith and remember that when you do all that you can do, Heavenly Father will be there to do the rest. You are such an amazing woman and mother. You'll all get through this. You will be in my every prayer.
T- You are such a great blessing to your family. Hang in there! You've been so brave!
Much Love,
Sherry
T--it is an elite group of people who can say they are survivors. You are one of them. We love you and your whole family. Hang in there. You are strong and brave!!
T- well this is tough. Luckily you have a ton of friends, great family and a loving Heavenly Father that will help you through it. When you get bored in teh hospital have C read books to you on a tape recorder for you to listen. If you every get lonely... have E paint your toe nails ( jking)
We love you
Joanne- you have a ton of friends but if you need anything....call. love you guys
Very sorry for what you're going through, and will go through. I lost an aunt last year after a long battle with cancer. I hope you get great care, and never stop fighting, T.
T - you sweet boy you! I first met you when you were about three. You came w/ your mom to stay at my home in St. Louis. You were WILD CRAZY out of control darling! Your mom just sat on the couch (pregnant) and said "wow - he is SO busy, I don't know what to do with him!"
Do you know why your spirit was THAT strong at that young an age - it was for this and for any other trial you will go through. Heavenly Father KNEW that YOU of all boys could be strong enough to do this. He KNEW that your Spirit could handle it, that you could and WILL beat this! That is why you were sent to this family. You ARE strong enough and we will pray for you ALL throughout the day. Even our kids who say "who is Tyler?" :) We love your mom. She has been a rock in OUR family - now we will be on for her.
We love you!
T, just know that you've got people all over the world pulling for you. Keep up the fight! We're all thinking about you!
T- I want you to know that you are my hero. You have always been so brave and strong. I'm proud of your courage, and I will be praying for you!
T,
I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and that I'm proud of you for being so strong. Never stop fighting, you can overcome this! We're all rooting for you!
Hey Mr T - I don't know you, but I met your mother a long time ago and if she needs help or words of support, I'll be there in a heartbeat. So I hear you're sick, huh?
Well, I'd say you are in for an adventure - some fun, some not, but an adventure. Trips to the hospital, TONS of people being SUPER nice to you, and probably a few struggles now and then.
You've got one of the BEST moms in the world and a huge family that loves you so just take it all in and KNOW that you will be getting better. Be excited that you have great doctors who have the wisdom and the skill to help you out. Be optimistic that it is just something that will pass.
You have friends & family all over this country thinking of you, wishing for the best for you and praying for you... praying to the Heavenly Father who will help provide your Mom, Dad and family strength - he will help provide those Doctors of yours with the best knowledge and the greatest tools to overcome this darn tumor.
So try to be positive, especially when things get tough, when your Mom and Dad get tired you may have to help them out too!
So Good Luck and Best Wishes, T
T you look so big and brave. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Let me know when you are feeling like carmelitas.
Looks like your ward found your blog! =)
Hey, Big guy, it looks like I get to come out and see you soon! Are you up for some World of Warcraft? I just might dust off my uber leet shaman for you. ;) You'd probably still kick my butt though...
Tyler,
You are in our prayers! this is something I like to say when I am afraid "Courage is fear that has said its prayers"
as long as you have faith and pray to Heavenly father he will look after you and comfort you.
Jo,
I love you and am thinking of you.I am hear for whatever you need.
Love Donna
I love that quote by Elder Scott...you need to hang it where you'll see it every day! We love you T and we're all praying for you. Hang in there!
I just read about your situation from your brother on the CGS board. My stepfather just had a bout with cancer so I have an idea of what you are going though. Please keep in mind that you are never alone in times like these, and I'll be sending good thoughts to you, your family, and your little one.
-Kat
Hey Gregory family! Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Love you guys!
Hey if you need me to come out let me know dad said I could come as long as I was home for my surgery. Just let me know. We love you and we too are praying for ALL of you.
MR. T hang in there remember the Lord loves you and will help you get through this. We LOVE you too!
Hi T,
You don't know me very well... I met you at your Dad's office last Friday. My husband (Linus) and I have been working with your Dad for about 3 months. We feel very lucky to work with him!
We are so sorry to hear that you are sick. We will pray for you every single day! We hope you feel better and get well soon!
Margie & Linus
Tyler,
Dane thinks you are really cool (and he's so glad he has Mr. D. like you did when you were 5). Thanks for being such a good example of a great boy scout for him. Keep up the great work.
Joanna,
I'm happy to drive kids, do laundry, mow the lawn...whatever you need, I'm there. Zion
I read about this on the CGS board and just wanted to comment and say that my thoughts are with you and your family. I don't know you at all, but that didn't stop me from wishing nothing but the best wishes.
T-Man:
Bryce here. I had surgery when I was 9 years old. I thought my doctor was a great guy. I started paying more attention in science class. 17 years later I was back in that same doctor's office as a medical student. I wanted to know what he knew.
I'll tell you a trick I learned once. When they want to give you a shot...just think about someplace realy great (like a water park or the beach) and in just a jif-it is over!
Bryce
Trials are hard, but you will definately make it through. Let us know what we can do for you.
T you are a great kid and Eric loved having you in his primary class. We are praying for you!:)
Love,
The Christensens
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to read this. I bumped into your blog from Amy's and when I read this, my heart just dropped. Please let me know if there is anything at all we can do. I know first hand how incredibly difficult this is but rest assured that you are in amazing hands. We will be praying for all of you!!
Hi Tyler! If you gather up all of the love that has been expressed in this blog and multiply it by a trillion, you still won't reach the end of the love God has for you. If you get scared or wonder where He is in all this, ask Amanda to recite Psalm 23 for you and remember that, no matter what you have to go through, He will never leave you and never stop loving you. (BTW, I'm the skinny old lady that helped Mrs. Roesch with the running club a few years ago.) I enjoyed running with you. Hope you're up and running again real soon! Love, Mrs. Gardner
Joanna- I am stunned. Please know that you will all be in my constant prayers. T- you are one amazing kid!! I still think of you often when I am trying to get my kids to practice the piano and they are whining. I keep thinking about how beautifully you play and how determined you are to be the best at what you do- even when it is challenging. That song that you played for me was so special because you decided you were going to learn it even though it was hard...and did what it took to make it perfect. That shows you have a strong character. You can fight this and come out even stronger. love, heidi
Hi tyler. This is Caleb Peterson. I just wanted to say that you are a great friend and I am praying for you.
Get well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T-
We heard about you this past week. I am just so sorry. I admit I don't ever check blogs - terrible I know, especially since your mom spends the time to do it. The Storheim kids are all praying for you and wanted to know if you get out of practicing, homework, and all of those horrible chores?? We are thinking about you and your family. Much Love,
Paige and family
T-
We heard about you this past week. I am just so sorry. I admit I don't ever check blogs - terrible I know, especially since your mom spends the time to do it. The Storheim kids are all praying for you and wanted to know if you get out of practicing, homework, and all of those horrible chores?? We are thinking about you and your family. Much Love,
Paige and family
Post a Comment