Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

This is what it looked like outside. It rained most of the morning,but that didn't stop Chris and I from our daily run! I went and bought long running pants today. (Friday)


This is our turkey before. The kids were fascinated with this. Like you all know we have never made one therefore they have never seen one. They could not get enough at looking and being grossed out by it.
Ok but really look how good it turned out.

I brined it all night and then put an onion and fresh herbs from the garden in in and about 2 cups of chicken broth in the bottom of the pan. I am not one to brag and be boastful, but man it was a good turkey!
Look at all the good food we had. The Pulleys brought the potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and apple pies. The "PG" on the potatoes doesn't stand for pretty good, they were really good) It stands for Pulley Gregory! Look how clever Deborah is.
The kids were at this table for less then 10 minutes and then off to play.
The boys get along great.
As well as the girls.

Somehow I didn't get a picture of Annabel with her. Those two are twins separated by 5 years and different families. They love each other and get along great.
She came out of the womb LOVING Deborah. The feeling is mutual though. It is so fun to see someone love your child as much as you do.
Nintendo Wii
They are reading Dick and Jane to each other





This is Rosemary whom we love very much. She is part of the family here. Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without her. The turkey kicked in pretty quick with Darren. I don't think we had been done 10 minutes and he was sleeping on the couch.




We then had a little talent show. All the Pulley kids played and these two. It was nice for Rosemary to see.




All in all it was a great Thanksgiving. It wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be and I may be speaking too soon, but I would do it again. It is great to be with people you love on holidays.

4 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

So Fun! I can't believe how much "E" looks like you! Your turkey looked stupendous!

Beckey said...

Your turkey looks really good! One day I may try to do one! They scare me though! :)

Your kids are so cute, looks like you guys have some really good friends there! Isn't it great to have people who are like your family when family isn't around?

Happy late Thanksgiving!

Deborah said...

Thanks for a wonderful dinner and evening. Annabel said it was the best Thanksgiving! I agree.

April said...

So..? Is this a new tradition? It all looks amazing!