Friday night we decided very last minute to go camping at our favorite place in Old Forge. We decided to leave all electronics home. No videos, no computers, no games, and only Chris' cell phone(which ended up getting wet and not working the whole time we were there). As we were getting ready and the kids were going crazy I kept thinking about the article I read in the Ensign this month about making memories and I had to keep saying that over and over to myself. :) We packed up the car and headed out Saturday morning for the Adirondacks.
Here is our cabin that we stayed in. It had 2 double beds with a single bunk bed over them. A bathroom with a shower and a kitchen. It is the best kind of camping ever!!
Here was the view out our door. Isn't that water beautiful!!
We had water gun fights
The girls played in the water...all day!
We ate treats
We played at the playground
roasted marshmallows
I read this book all day with no laundry to do, no phone to answer, no house to clean...AHHHH!
We painted paper
We painted rocks
I took way too many pictures
Roasted hot dogs. (I usually don't let my girls go without shirts)
We golfed
We had fun with each other
The boys fished (a lot)
We had the best campfire ever
This is how she sat at the fire. She said it was stinky.
We played baseball
We went out on the lake. C was out there more than anyone and did great at paddling and getting to where he needed to go.
We did bubbles
and got our feet dirty.
Here is our cabin that we stayed in. It had 2 double beds with a single bunk bed over them. A bathroom with a shower and a kitchen. It is the best kind of camping ever!!
Here was the view out our door. Isn't that water beautiful!!
We had water gun fights
The girls played in the water...all day!
We ate treats
We played at the playground
roasted marshmallows
I read this book all day with no laundry to do, no phone to answer, no house to clean...AHHHH!
We painted paper
We painted rocks
I took way too many pictures
Roasted hot dogs. (I usually don't let my girls go without shirts)
We golfed
We had fun with each other
The boys fished (a lot)
We had the best campfire ever
This is how she sat at the fire. She said it was stinky.
We played baseball
We went out on the lake. C was out there more than anyone and did great at paddling and getting to where he needed to go.
We did bubbles
and got our feet dirty.We had a blast and can't wait to go back in a few weeks.
12 comments:
It sounds absolutely perfect! Didn't anyone at least get one misquito bite??? :)
How fun!! I love the picture of the feet at the end.
That looks so fun! I bet it was a nice break for you all! The picture of that lake if gorgeous! And the kids...they are all so cute!
That is the way to camp! Way to make memories! Glad you had a good time! I am surprised that C didn't row out to the middle of the lake, pull out a blanket and read a book!
Looks like you had a great time.
I love the view! What a great time as a family.
I so admire you for not taking any electronics. It really does look like a great time. If we could go camping in those circumstances I bet even Mike would go. Maybe. Love the photos and LOVE the book! ;)
Some of my favorite memories growing uyp are when I went camping and fishing with my parents. Way to go looks like you had a super fun time.
It looks totally awesome there! That is my kind of camping. With a shower Ü What a perfect weekend!
You're such a good mom.
That looks like so much fun. I love the blue toe nail polish!
Did you really take all those things with you? The weather looks beautiful.
That is what life is all about! Jo that looks like such a good time. You guys are so cute!
Kammi
Post a Comment