Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Break

We started our spring break by having this darling girl over for a sleep over. She is a friend of E and she moved away a few years ago. She first moved to Utah for a year and now they are in Syracuse. We were so excited to have them close again!
It had been awhile since they have played together, but from the second she got in our car they were laughing the whole way home. They all played so good together and on Monday we had Bea over to play with them as well. It was so great to see them again and we can't wait to to it again this summer!


Tuesday we went to the Silva's for a kid card swap. It was SO FUN! We had to design one card and bring all the supplies to make 12 more. Then each girl got to make 12 different cards. Again this is something we can't wait to do again this summer.
Just a funny song this one has been singing "Larry had a little lamb and Jesus is his name" The tune is Mary had a little lamb and Bingo. TOO FUNNY!!
Thursday we went to Corbett's Glen for a picnic and hike with the Pulleys. The kids were so happy to be outside.
When we got to the water they all started throwing anything they could find into the water. C threw his sisters walking stick into the water and she was very sad. See Annabel trying to comfort her.
The best thing is that when she found out why Am was crying she immediately broke her walking stick in half and gave it to Am. I love that girl. She is always so sweet to my girls and they LOVE her. Below are just more pictures of the kids.






She walked the whole way in which was about a mile, but she was too tired to walk out so she asked Darren to carry her. The other one wanted to be carried as well so we decided to sit where we were and Darren went and got the car for us.


We ended the week at Buckland park with the Pulleys and Silva's and had a great time. It was almost 80 degrees Friday and Saturday which was great for the kids to be outside all day. We did get the trampoline set up as and that has keep them all very happy. Now back to school (yeah) for 2 more months.




10 comments:

Deborah said...

Yeah for school. I can hardly wait.
Thanks for saying nice things about Annabel.

Beckey said...

80 degrees? LUCKY! We are getting there, maybe 60F. I love the Batman shirt that E is wearing...you'll have to tell me where you got it so I can get Brooklyn one! Glad you could get out in the nice weather! See you soon!

Anna said...

What a great week for break!

allredclan said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm jealous of the nice temps. It was close to 80 one day here and then snowed the next... fur real. Oh yeah, and I laughed my guts out at the kido with the orange in her mouth and her choice of lyrics. How incredibly sweet it that?! =)

Mary said...

It looks like so much fun. I sure miss you guys!

The Nixon Two said...

Looks like you guys had fun...I'm so tired of the cold weather here and would love to have it warm. Dad would too then he could work out side.

Chapman Herd said...

Love the song by "A', and REALLY love the story of the walking stick! What a great friend! I am very jealous of your weather!

AF Nixons said...

Wow - the kids are in shorts and no jackets! It must be spring there! Glad you are enjoying warm weather. We're on the verge of hot...had to run the A/C most of the weekend. I hate that bill. Oh well. Sounds like a fun spring break!

Elder Ethan Coleman said...

I want to spend spring break with the Gregorys. I just know our kids would be such great friends. Miss all of you!

Stephanie said...

We miss you all too! We can't wait to get back to Rochester! The weather has been awesome!-I think we've been out everyday for about 2 weeks now! I need you to teach me how to make the hooded towels sometime in the near future!