Chris and I spent last week in Canandaigua for four wonderful days. We have only left all the kids once for about 24 hours and that was two years ago. This was four whole wonderful quiet days. We stayed on the lake in a beautiful home thanks to a wonderful friend. We split up the kids with our friends the Jensens and the Pulleys(thanks guys) and left. I was a little sad that first night, not really sad, but maybe a little lost. It was so quiet. There were no bums to wash, no homework to do, no piano to practice, there was no noise at all. Don't worry it didn't last and we had a great time. We ate at Wegmans every day for lunch and sometimes dinner. Trying all the good food that we never buy when we are home. We went running together, we went shopping, we watched Heroes (the first season) we went to the Palmyra Temple, we went to the outlets, we even went to Walmart for a few things and didn't have to go to the toys. When we saw kids crying we just laughed. We had so much fun being together. We are so wrapped up in the kids lives that it was nice to be husband and wife and friends and not parents. The kids had a great time. The only one who was truly happy to see us (me really) was little ARG! The others were having the time of their lives with their best friends and didn't miss us at all. I guess that is a good thing. We got home on my birthday in time for dinner and cake and put them to bed (we needed to watch another episode of Heroes). See the pictures below!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How fun! Glad the kids did okay! Now I am jealous and want to get away!
I am so glad you had a good time. You deserve it.
Sounds like a wonderful get-away. Husbands and wives need that every now and then!
So glad you were able to get away together. Maybe after four more kids I will have earned a vacation away too!
Are you kidding! That is awesome! I know it is very late but Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had an amazing time. Its hard to believe that is your family! 7 of you. Are you done? Or are there more in the works? :)
Kammi
Post a Comment