Monday, December 21, 2009

Thanksgiving

What a Thanksgiving to remember! First the food was fabulous. Homemade root beer, jello salad, Pioneer Woman stuffing, rolls, ham, turkey...yum!
Isn't she darling.
T did a magic show for all his cousins. They loved it and I am pretty sure he loved the attention. He is pretty good magician. He takes after his great-grandpa.
did I mention the PIES!
We got to meet little Kajsa. Adorable! The girls couldn't get enough of her.
The reason for us being so thankful this year was we all got to meet our aunt Kelly. A few years ago Sheldon was doing research on my dad's side and he found out my dad had a sister we didn't know about.
My parents flew to Florida to meet her after their mission here in NY.
My dad's other sister Jan also came for dinner. I love Jan. I have so many good memories of her. It was great to see her again. I think it has been about 15 years since I last saw her. Now I have another aunt to love.
Here is Sheldon telling us all the story of how he found Kelly.
It was a tear jerker.
This is my favorite picture of our trip.
After dinner with my family we went up to the Cracker Barrel to be with Chris' family. Here is uncle Chuck with Em. The girls love Chuck. I took more pictures, but none of them turned out. The lighting was low. They are pretty blurry.
I don't think she even made it to dinner. She was so tired. We loved being at the Cracker Barrel. That is where we always go for dinner. It was even better this year because of the company.
Like the song says "Oh there's no place like home for the holidays"

4 comments:

Jill Gardner said...

What an amazing trip! I've loved reading these posts. And they just keep getting better!

Chapman Herd said...

Those pies look DELICIOUS!!!!!

AF Nixons said...

What a fun trip, thanks for posting all the pictures so we could see the festivities! Wish we could have BEEN there!

The Nixon Two said...

We loved having you here for Thanksgiving. And will miss you the rest of the year!