Sunday, October 4, 2009

NYC and the View

This picture was supposed to be at the end. Mary and I had been trying to figure out what to wear to the view. I found a orange sweater and jokingly said stay away from Orange. I then took the sweater back and chose this jacket. When we got to NYC and unpacked we laughed because this is what we looked like.
Monday we got into JFK at 7:00am along with Mary. We had the whole day to spend and it was a glorious day! We were walking in Times Square and happened to run into our friends who were also in town for a race the previous day.
In a city of millions I can't believe we saw them. Very Fun! We had a fabulous breakfast. Walked through central park (my picture is missing) Went to Chinatown, had dinner in little Italy and dessert at Max Brenners. (Mom click on the link and look at the dessert menu)

Here we are waiting in line. We waited for a VERY long time!
Thank goodness it was good weather.
commercial break
Harry Connick Jr.
Mary was asked to do the mid break commercial. Very cool! We had the best seats because of it.
Our hotel right in Times Square
I love this city. I love everything about it. I don't know why.
I hate flying. Truly hate it!! Deborah was nice enough to hold my hand during take off. :) A true friend. The flight there was fine. Coming home it got a little bumpy, but nothing too bad.
As much as I hate it I loved this view up above the clouds.
We had a fabulous trip.

*Deborah took all these pictures except for the clouds. Thanks!

7 comments:

Heather Jewell said...

What a fun trip! I really want to see the filming of a TV show next time I go.

Anna said...

I'm so glad you got to go. Running into you guys was crazy!

nixon5 said...

What a fun trip loved the pictures. Love your apple pitures too your kids are so dang cute.

Charity said...

Looks like a lot of fun! So glad you conquered your flying fear and made the trip. :)

The Nixon Two said...

I'm glad you go to N.Y. with your friends. It was exciting to see you on the view. Even if we had to watch it several times to see you.:) I'm sooooo jealous of the Honey crisp apples...even while we were in Buffalo they were NEVER that BIG.

Lisa C said...

So we're going to Manhattan this weekend, but with kids. Any recommendations for good dinner places that aren't too pricey?
lisajchristensen@gmail.com

Mary said...

I am so glad you invited me. It was the most fun I've had in a long time!