Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cross Country

T decided to run cross country this year. He wanted to play football or soccer, but Dr. Miller said no way. This was his his last choice, but has ended up really loving it.
We went to a meet on Saturday along with 16000 other people. There were 250 schools there. This is only maybe 1/4 of the modified team race. If you click on the picture you might be able to see him. I wrote on the picture were to look.
He was a little nervous, but did great.
I missed his first race on Tuesday because I was on my way home. I was so glad we all got to go to this one. I loved cheering for him! I can't help but think of this past year and all he has gone through and where he is now. It is nothing short of a miracle.

3 comments:

Jill Gardner said...

Yeah Tyler! I'm so sorry you had to have another surgery. Congratulations on bouncing back so fast. I have to admit to being kinda glad you couldn't do soccer or football, because now you're getting to experience the thrill and satisfaction of being on a cross country team. There's nothing like it. I was at the meet Saturday. Funny I didn't see you among the 16000 people there!

Anna said...

Way to go, T! A runner just like your mom. : )

nixon5 said...

Way to go T and great that you stuck to finding something the Dr would allow and not just giving up.