Wednesday, June 4, 2008

can you say tomato?

SO...we finally planted our garden. We were a little late so we bought seedlings for most of it. I still put a few seeds in the ground, so we will see. I have had to really change what I plant because of all the squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, rabbits, deer, rabbits, hedgehogs, and rabbits that like to eat my stuff. This year for some odd reason we planted even more tomatoes then we normally do. How many you ask? How does 30 tomato plants sound! We planted Lemon boys, beef steak, and cherry. I know I know what you are thinking, but really we will just have to make salsa with the 30 tomato plants, 12 jalapeno, 10 red pepper, green pepper, sweet banana peppers and onion.(the last three are seeds we planted) T really wanted to try jalapenos and C choose green peppers and banana peppers. I really can't wait to see a rabbit try one of our jalapenos!!!
The message of the story here is for you my dear friends who live close by (sorry for you who don't) when all these tomatoes start to rippen this summer, please call! Please please please call before you buy any tomatoes this summer!! Deborah shares her pool...we share tomatoes.


11 comments:

Anna said...

Oh I am so excited! It looks great!

allredclan said...

I thought I was being ambitious in planting four...

Seeing your yard just makes me want to be there. =)

The Nixon Two said...

Can you ship any extra to Utah? It is so cold here that ours may never grow.

Deborah said...

You know I love tomatoes and we only planted two. Besides which, I imagine they want be successful. We haven't had much luck in the vegetable dept.

April said...

We swim in the pool and we will eat your tomatoes. We make good cookies...maybe that can be our contribution.

AF Nixons said...

Good lookin' garden! Wish we were neighbors...!

Kammi said...

Wow thats awesome! So domestic. :)

nixon5 said...

what a great garden!

Amy said...

I will do my part to help to reduce wasting food by eating any and ALL of the tomatoes you will give me. I will even drive over to take them off your hands:)

Heather said...

umm I am too behind to plant anything this year, can I call you?
I have chickens. I'll trade you tomatoe for brown eggs
Heather

Mary said...

Yum, yum, and double yum!!!