Let me start by first saying that I love my husband! I truly think it is cool that he can change brakes, spark plugs and fix just about any car problem. I don't think we have ever had anyone change the brakes on any car that we have ever owned. So really it is Grandpa Mike we have to thank here. I love that he taught Chris how to fix things and it is fun to now watch Chris out there with the boys fixing cars. We have a major cross country trip coming up in a few days(?) and we needed to change the brakes. I called around and found a place that was pretty reasonable, but Chris said no just let me look at them. Saturday rolls around and he goes out to look at them and he found that the bolt in the caliper mounting bracket(Do I sound like I know about cars or what?) is rusted in and we need it out to change the brakes. So my superman of a husband with his super power strength broke the 3/4 inch bolt and now it is stuck in the mounting bracket. We are trying with all our might to find parts or get the broken bolt out so we can leave on Thursday as planned.
Here is the right side..the side that is broken
Here is the left side, it is fine..just waiting for new break pads.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Aargh! You are lucky to have a fix-it-man for a husband (Brady has actually come a long way in 16 years of marriage!) but what stress right before your long trip. We'll be praying for you!
Hope you get it fixed! Good luck for still leaving on Thursday!
GET THOSE BRAKES FIXED!!! You HAVE to leave Thursday! We are SO excited for you to come!
What a nightmare. Well, we would love to have you stay here for Xmas if the part never comes in. ;)
GBH baby, it's all about the GBH... Get a Bigger Hammer =) And if the bolt doesn't come out, use the hammer on teh rest of the car. ;-)
Mike
ARGH!!!! This cannot happen! I have planned my life for the next three weeks around having you here!!! Ok, so maybe not the entire 3 weeks, but I wanted a dramatic effect. I can't believe this would happen to you guys the week you were, I mean "are," to leave. Maybe Chris should stop lifting all those weights since apparently he doesn't realize the magnitude of his own buff-ness! You will make it out here. I know you will. Better late than never! (Although I am still rooting for the "on time" factor)! Love you, Sis! =)
Well...today's the day you are supposed to leave and we are holding our breath...what's the verdict? Brakes or no brakes? Delay or no delay?
Post a Comment