Sunday, December 9, 2007

Donuts for lunch

I love ebay! I have found a few things on there that remind me of my childhood. Things that bring me great joy and I have such good memories of. The first thing I found was the game "Funny Bones" such a great fun family game. We love it! The second thing is a donut maker. We had a donut maker growing up and loved having them. It took 3 minutes to have hot donuts. We would put frosting and cinnamon sugar on them. YUM! I found this on ebay and was so happy when it got here in the mail on Saturday just in time for lunch. So while Chris was working on the car (see post below) we had hot donuts for lunch! I went the fast route though, my mom would make her batter from scratch. ME? I just use a bread mix. We had cranberry orange ones for lunch and then for lunch today (along with ham) we had pumpkin ones. The kids love them.


She can't even wait for me to bring them to the table.
with this many kids we almost need two donut makers.
They were eating faster then I could pull them out.


6 comments:

AF Nixons said...

Your donut maker is even cute! We have donuts every Monday for breakfast. Ours is an ebay special too!

Beckey said...

I didn't even know they made those! But...I'm sure they don't have them here in Canada. I'll have to have one shipped up here!

Beckey said...

P.S. You are probably sick of hearing about everything we don't have here but another thing we don't have is...sad, but true...Krispy Kreme! :(

nixon5 said...

love the maker its cute. cute pics of the kids eating them too.

Chapman Herd said...

I have/had Mom's doghnut maker, and my kids LOVED them.....Sad to say it FINALLY gave out on us about two months ago. We are going through withdrawls! I saw a maker like yours on Ebay but didn't know if it was the same??? Obviously it is?? Looks like I am headed to Ebay!

Deborah said...

When are you making donuts for us?