Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rosemary

Here is our adopted grandma Rosemary. We have known her as long as we have been here. It was the spring after we got here. T was 3 and C was only 8 months. We were sitting outside and Rosemary walked up and started talking to T. She asked if he wanted to go with her and get a cookie. Like the good mom that I am I sent my 3 year old son with a stranger to get a cookie. She has been part of our family ever since.
She moved this past weekend to Baltimore and we are going to miss her so much. She has been with us through so many things. She was always bringing the kids cookies, chocolate, and taking us to dinner more times then I can count. When C was about 2 years old his favorite food was chocolate because Rosemary was always bringing him little Hershey bars. The great thing about Rosemary is that the noise of 5 kids never seemed to bother her. Everytime we had another baby I thought for sure the dinner trips would end just because of the noise and crazyness of taking so many kids out to eat. She never cared and loved them all so much. She always called T her first love. He is now taller then her.
Here she is at the hospital holding Am.
Rosemary would come everyday without fail to take E for a walk. She even bought her this blanket so her legs wouldn't get cold. Somethimes C would go with them, but mostly it was just Rosemary and E.
We love you Rosemary.
Thank you for loving us and being part of our family and letting us be a part of yours.
We will miss you so much!



10 comments:

Deborah said...

Thanks for sharing Rosemary with us, we will miss her as well.
BTW the link just takes me to Jaime's site and not to the cookies. Where are the cookies!!!!? I need a chocolate fix.

Beckey said...

That is so great to have kind of a "Grandma away from home" for the kids! She looks so sweet, I bet you will really miss her! How is your grandma by the way?

AF Nixons said...

I can't believe Rosemary moved! I'll bet you are so sad...and I'll bet she's going to miss your family as much as you miss her.

Kammi said...

OH! She sounds like such a neat lady!!! How sad for all of you that she is moving.

Chapman Herd said...

Why did she move??? How sad for you and your family! And for all of us when we visit!

Elder Ethan Coleman said...

Your photos brought back so many memories from Wintergreen Way. That is the age I still picture Emily at, and sweet Rosemary. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Anonymous said...

Jo,

I'm so sad that Rosemary moved!!! What a loss for you and your kidders. =( It probably feels much like losing a Grandma. I think you are great for how you took her into your family and loved her, and how she did the same with you and Chris, and each one of the kids that came along. Hopefully they will all remember her and how she loved and spoiled them all.

Amy said...

Everyone needs a Rosemary in their life. She was never ruffled even when we were all together for Christmas and it was mad chaos.

Jaime said...

oh, what a special lady that must be...thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

I can't believe she moved. That is so sad. It doesn't seem like Rochester will be the same without her.