Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Giving up naps

The problem with a three year old who no longer wants to take naps (even with bribs) is that she will fall asleep anytime after 4:00, anywhere! I have to be sure to keep her busy and happy or we are in for a late night.


10 comments:

Beckey said...

I have forgotten about that stage, I remember with Brooklyn she would need a nap like every 3rd day and then she would be okay for a couple more. Good thing you remind me of these things, I pretty much started all over again with babies!

Sherry said...

I WISH I could fall asleep that easily. The treats are even still in her hand. Funny and sweet all at the same time.

Mary said...

That is the worst hurdle....even worse than those first two months after they get potty trained and you need to have an immediate bathroom in sight at all times.

April said...

I love it. I can just picture her walking along, eating her snack and , BAM! She's out. Hilarious.

April said...

I have to add...you must've turned down the thermostat. She's got on a furry coat and seems to be clinging to the vent for warmth. Ha! Our house is just as cold!

Amy said...

I can count on Jack napping for awhile still, right?

Anna said...

I giggled at this all day!

Carrie said...

Maybe we should get our girls together after 3:30 pm to play, I have the same problem with Rosie. By 5:00-5:30 she's completely losing a grip - the worst part is that I will let her sleep but only for 1/2 hour or so - I get her up and she cry's and is as mean as...I don't even know what! This goes on for about an hour, then all of a sudden she's fine!

Kammi said...

How stinking cute!!!! Bless her heart!

Stephanie said...

I go through this with Lily too. So now I keep her up all day and put her to bed at 7. Sometimes earlier if needed!