Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rosemary

Back in October (I think) we got a very nice email from Anne, Rosemary's niece, inviting us to come to Rosemary's 95th birthday party in December. I wrote her and said we would be in NYC for Thanksgiving and it would be easier for us to come that weekend. She was kind enough to change it for us and boy are we glad she did. We had a blast.
Anne's beautiful home sits on 7 acres filled with trees.
the girls loved finding fallen limbs to walk across
there are two kids in this picture...can you find them?
I was hoping they wouldn't fall in the little stream here because we only had one pair of shoes.

We went to a Christmas tree festival during the day and that night we went to a lovely dinner with Rosemary, Anne and all of their family. It was so nice to finally meet all of the people we have heard about for so many years.
We LOVE Rosemary SO MUCH! We miss her, but know that she is happy and is so lucky to have Anne (who is a saint and a fabulous cook!) We loved getting to know her better. She welcomed us back anytime. We can't wait to go again.
T is the reason we are such good friends with Rosemary. He was 3 when we met her. She asked him if he would like a cookie and like a good mom, I sent my little boy with a stranger into her house for a cookie. Boy I am sure glad that I did. She always says' T is her first love. "I loved him then, I love him now, and I will always love him" We feel the same way about her.

4 comments:

allredclan said...

How can you NOT love Rosemary! I am so glad you got to go see her. =)

Chapman Herd said...

We all love Rosemary! What a fun time to see her again!

The Nixon Two said...

Rosemary should be called Saint Rosemary as that is what she is and has been with the family. I would love to see the acreage with all the leaves and other follage. Glad that things went so well there with your visit.

Jill Gardner said...

That is so beautiful. Every family needs a Rosemary in their life.