
Can I get sappy for a moment here? Growing up watching this parade was something that we did EVERY Thanksgiving. I always thought it would be fun to go, but never in a million years did I actually think it was possible. Marrying Chris was really a dream come true for me and he has tried to make many of my dream come true. As silly and small as they may be. I have been to the city at Christmas time- which I have always wanted to do and now I can mark seeing the Parade off my list as well. Not only did he do this for me, he got up at 4:30am to go out and get us good seats. He said "if we are here we are going to do it right"

It is a good thing he went out so early...this was the scene by about 6:00am.

Not only did he get us good seats...he got us great ones. Right on the front row. Nothing in our way. The guy behind us sat up chairs and had blankets saving seats for his family and was kid enough to share them with us.

Seriously look at these great seats. I had told the kids that is was going to be boring and cold waiting, but they actually did great. It wasn't too cold and the time went fast.

Before long we saw these balloons coming up over the hill. I am not going to lie- I might have had a tear in my eye. I couldn't believe I was actually there.

All the clowns stopped to play with the kids or throw confetti on them. We gave high fives and waved and cheered.


SO MUCH FUN!

This is Jimmy Fallon (in the sunglasses) right after he pointed to my girls and waved

Joan Rivers

The bands were awesome


The balloons were huge


even he was having fun

This is who we were most excited to see....the REAL Santa Clause. My girls couldn't believe after seeing so many "fake" Santa's in the mall and stores they were actually going to see the REAL one.

My favorite picture!
4 comments:
Joanna I remember you leaving me a comment on my blog a couple years ago when we had gone to a Christmas Parade in Halifax and you said "My kids have never been to a REAL parade" or something like that...holy moly...they've been to a REAL parade now! That looks like so much fun! I've never really thought about going to the Thanksgiving Day Parade but every year (never fails) on New Years I always tell Travis I want to go to Time Square for New Years the next year...it never happens...*sigh*
I am living vicariously through you. This is a dream for me too.
I love the "My favorite picture", but the one I love even more is the one of T, Am and Ab waiting for the parade to start.
Joanna,
I always forget about your blog! What a great opportunity to go to this parade and WOW what a husband!! I always love hearing about you and your beautiful little family, its so rare what you have and it seems like you really treasure what you have. Love you Jo!!
Post a Comment