Wednesday, January 14, 2009

HOME!!!!

Can you believe that we are home!? Only one week after his first surgery and two days after his second, he was well enough to be released. What a miracle! He was SO excited as were we all when we got the news that we could go. When we got to Suzy's to get C and Ab they were so happy to see him. Christian (one of his best friends) was also happy to see him. When E and Am got home from gymnastics they jumped and hugged us all. E went upstairs and started to cry. When I got her to come down she held on to me so tight and just cried. I asked her what was wrong and she finally got out between her sobs that she was so happy that T was home and that his tumor was gone. She was happy that I was home because she had missed me. She was happy to be in her own house. She has been fine, but I guess she had been keeping all the stress in. She just sat there in my arms and cried for awhile. My laundry baskets that were EMPTY (thanks mom) when I got home are full and my CLEAN (thanks mom) house is not so clean. Aah it is good to be home.

17 comments:

nixon5 said...

I am glad to hear that you are home. That is so great and awesome that he did so well.

Steve Bryant said...

Wonderful news!!! Glad to hear that all is well!

Anonymous said...

I am weak with happiness to see this post. We love you OH so much!!! THank you for being willing to post everything - every details - so that we can grow from reading and grow from his strength. We love you!

Anna said...

Welcome home! We are so relieved and happy for all of you.

Beckey said...

Glad he was able to come home...that is so sweet that E cried in your arms, that made me get choked up to read that. She must be super tender hearted. I bet all of your kids are glad to have ALL of you home! Get feeling better T!!! You did awesome!

Becky A said...

Hooray for home! :)

AF Nixons said...

There's no place like home, dirty laundry and toilets and all! I'm so glad you made it home so soon after his surgery- that truly is a miracle.

Chapman Herd said...

YEah for Home! Isn't it nice to have a clean house and laundry done?? Thats what Mom did to my house while we were gone too! We are SOOO glad that you are all home and more importantly, that T is Tumore free and doing SOOO well!

Jill Gardner said...

Oh happy, happy day! I'm so proud of all my little Gregorys -- and the big ones too! Everyone of you had something to be brave about, and you all did it! I hope you can always look back on this as a time when you saw first hand just how great our God is and how much he loves his children. And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go off and dance a jig!

Charity said...

So glad that you are all home and that your son is doing so well. There is nothing like your own bed, pillow and blankets after being away. Especially when you've been in the hospital. That alone can make you feel a lot better.

Heidi said...

SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME!!!!

Mary said...

After being in a hospital with your family spread all over, there truly is no place like home!!!

allredclan said...

I can't tell you how relieved I am that everything went better than planned and you are home so quickly. It really is amazing when you consider everything that he has gone through in the past week. Hug that oldest daughter of yours. I sure love her.

Dawn said...

I am so happy to see that everything went well. What a trooper! It's so hard to see you children sick and in pain.

Sherry said...

Nothing makes you appreciate being home like being away - especially for something such as this. I am thrilled that everything went so well and you are together with your family.
Thank you for keeping us all updated. That can't be easy either.
Love you!

Heidi said...

I am so glad all of you are home - that is truly amazing! Thanks for all the updates! Love you guys!

The Nixon Two said...

We too are happy that you're home and that T is doing so great. It's amazing to me how siblings can fight and act like they would like to kill each other only to turn around and show just how much they really love each othen when it's really important. You have great kids and we love them and are proud of all of them.
Oh... by the way T did you finish the puzzle that you started whihle you were home????