
T received many gifts during this and I have only taken pictures of a few of them. A lot of the gifts came from strangers. This blanket came from all his cousins on my side of the family. My sister-in-law Stephanie embroidered all their hand prints and names. All the cousins took turns tying the knots. He LOVED it and so did everyone that saw it. He took it with him everywhere in the hospital and each time he got so many compliments. When people found out they were all cousins it was always "WOW you have a big family" Thanks guys! ALL of you!

This basket came a few days after we came home. It is from his Spanish teacher and guidance councilor. He also received a nice plaque from his Tech class. They carved "Get Well T" and then they all carved their names in it. His math teacher and class sent him a nice get well card that they had all signed. They have all been great.

Like I said a lot of the gifts came from strangers. My brother Brian belongs to a comic book forum and mentioned this to them and they were all so kind and supportive. They sent many comic books (what else?), some one sent him a Nintendo Game Cube with games and controllers, and one very nice person-Steve- who is a comic book artist drew this picture for T when he found out he like Superman. He has left many kind posts on this blog asking about him which we really appreciate. T LOVED this. He said it was the coolest thing! I need to go and get it framed now!!

Here it is! Thank you Steve and everyone!
On a bright note he has been going to school this week, half days, and has been doing great. He was a little nervous going back on Monday. I took him after lunch for his Spanish class and math class. He came home SO happy. These two great teachers really made him feel welcome and loved and missed. The teachers hugged him when he walked in their rooms, they had group hugs for him, asked him questions, he got to tell the class what he went through (without giving too many details) One kid wanted to see his stitches under his lip so T showed him. He came home with cookies his math teacher had made with a note that said "I was planning on stopping by, but he was here YEAH!!" After telling me all of this he said "I am really glad I went today. These two teachers really missed me a lot" We go again next week to have all his packing removed and then that is it. It will be DONE and OVER with!! YEAH!! Now if we can just get it to warm up!
12 comments:
Wow! That story just gets better and better. How awesome that people were so kind and giving to him. Maybe it will make the whole memory of it not so bad for him. Oh, and that blanket looked so good on him! I'm glad he loved it. Kudos to Ann for the great idea!
So glad to hear he is back in school. What an amazing story he has to tell. People are so kind.
Glad you are almost DONE!!
So glad it's almost over. T, you are one amazing person.
Hope you never doubt the love people have for T and your whole family. So glad that this is almost over.
I love that blanket! What an awesome idea! I seriously cannot believe the support your family has had! Someone seriously sent a game cube with games and controllers??? Sounds like he's got some awesome teachers too! Good luck with removing the packing T!
that blanket is awesome. I'm so glad he is getting back into the swing of things. Sounds like he goes to a great school with wonderful teachers!
Everyone should get to feel that kind of outpouring of love for them. I'm so glad that he was able to experience it. The blanket is an awesome idea!!!! What a great gift! So glad that the procedures are coming to an end.
Life back to normal. You have waited for this for so long, and deserve it! Kudos to you, Chris, your son, and to all your other little ones for getting through it. I can only imagine the relief you must all feel.
Great reading through the blog. Blessed. Our kids are still praying for him and aunt Kelly. We are excited about summer!!!
What a happy ending to this story.
I'm glad T liked all the gifts. People were really kind and generous. I think we are all glad that this is almost over. T we are amazed how you mastered all your fears and faced this with courage. Not many 11 year old young men have to go through what you have done and we just want you to know that we are soooo proud of you.
What a great family you have, while I was there your younger brother and sisters always wanted to know how you were doing. We all love you tons...
Grandma Annice
Wow. It is amazing to see how wonderful people are. An outpouring of love for a wonderful, deserving family.
Post a Comment