I just got an "explanation of benefits" in the mail today from the insurance company. This was just from his first visit there. His CT scan, his MRI, and his embolization. I don't even see on this paper that it includes his over night stay in the hospital that first time. I can't wait to see what the total bill is from his actually surgery. Do you want to know the grand total....26945.74! OUCH!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Start a big binder to keep everything together. This will be the first of many with bills from the surgeon, neurologist, radiologist, and on and on and on....Good luck! Hospital billing is a nightmare.
Wow! Unbelieveable isn't it?!
oh my word, you are kidding me. And that seems like it came pretty fast, too.
Joanna
I don't mind you looking at my blog, especially since I've looked at your's from Ann's. I'm so glad T is doing good. We have been fasting and praying for him.
I had to delete my comment because I felt like such an idiot about my insurance question....duh! You said it right in the post! LOL It was so good talking to you this morning!
uhhhh insurance pays for this right? :)
Oh the joy of hospital/doctor bills! I hope you got a diamond bracelet with your purchase over $25,000. ;) I'm so grateful that you have insurance!
Dear T and Joanna,
I am back in the country again and was able to catch up on your last 3blog entries, although Margie kept me informed while I was away.
I am not surprised that the hospital bills are a BIG shock... on the other hand... look what you got in exchange!!!!! I hope your insurance covers every penny!!
I continue to keep you in my daily prayers, and can't wait to replace the picture I keep of T with one of him smiling on his first day back to school. What is the extimated recovery time??
I'm still wanting to hear from you, T, so I can send you something special in the mail. When you feel up to it, please drop me an e-mail.
With much love and prayers for your complete and speedy recovery,
Amy Pizzarello
Wow! Amazing T is now your most expensive child. Sheldon was ours. Insurence companies drive me crazy but Thank goodness for insurence, you could never get on top of the medical bills if you had to pay all of them.
Keep the tally going. I can't wait to hear about the next one!
May The Force be with you. ;)
Post a Comment