
8:30am C comes running up the stairs yelling "Mom there is a dying squirrel in the toilet" Poor little guy was swimming in the toilet and I don't know for how long. I got the strainer and got him out and put him in the garden. I don't know if he will live or not. He looked pretty tired. Can someone please tell me how he got in my house in the first place???
12 comments:
How in the world did a chipmunk get into your toilet? Did it come in a window or swim up the pipes? You were so brave to fish it out.
WOW that is one I have not seen or heard of before. Crazy how he could get there.
What the heck? Seriously! I'm just glad for you that it was a chipmunk and not a snake! I always hear those crazy stories about snakes coming up through the sewers and stuff! Hope he makes it! Fingers crossed...
Awwww...poor little fella. That's so weird!
Are you kidding??????????????
I would have fainted.
I think we have had lizards in our toilets, but never a squirrel. You probably just should have flushed!! :) Then refer back to Liseanne's blog about unclogging a toilet.
Oh, I do like to flush cockroaches down the toilet as well. My kids get a little worried that they will come back up the pipes when they are sitting there and tickle their tush I guess???
OK, now it's almost 11:00. 5:00 is going to come early tomorrow morning. I loved talking on the phone tonight. Maybe I'll call you back on the way to my meeting. That would be around 5:30...
With all the squirrels that are every where back there I'm surprised that this is the first time you had a visitor in your house....but in your toilet???? that's just weird. Y
You are all obviously overlooking the fact that this squirrel was not just your normal everyday squirrel. His mother had taught him that it was polite to use a toilet rather than lalwns when he had to go to the bathroom! He was educated!! He was also smart enough to know how to get into your house but with all of the squirrels in New York and the trees and the way doors are left open sometimes, I can only assume he saw an opening and made a mad dash towards the opening. He also picked your house for his operaton because he noticed you have five children which in western New York is not the norm.
We had the same experience while living on Fair Oaks. It climbed in on the telephone wire connected to our house and in an open window. You are much nicer than me. I called Animal Control!!
you have got to be kidding me.
My kids are squealing with a mixture of disgust and delight at this picture! Poor little chipmunk dude. Good for you for getting him out and sending him on his way with a snack. =)
I'm glad the kids came and got you instead of trying to take care of it themselves. I think my kids, with their toilet and sink fascinations, would have tried to take care of it themselves. Or just played with it for awhile!
I'm also impressed you got a picture! I would have freaked a bit, I think.
Post a Comment