Saturday we decided to take a trip to Stonybrook State Park. We normally go in the fall and walk up the gorge to enjoy all the fall leaves. This was the first time we had been in the summer and got to play in the water.
The problem with the water is that it was 59 degrees. The kids are so used to the Pulleys pool at a comfortable 80, that the only two that would get in the "pool" was Ab and T.

T didn't get in any deeper then this. Ab is a fish and she didn't care too much that it was so cold.
We walked up the gorge a little and the kids slid down the rocks like water slides.


E playing in a small waterfall.

A guy and his dog got in my picture. Oh well it is still pretty good without a tripod I think.

This is the big waterfall that we were hiking up to. The kids loved playing in it.


We had a pic-nic dinner and also played on the playground.
It was a great day together as a family.
9 comments:
That looks like a fun summer outing! Who can resist playing in a waterfall (even it if was 59 degrees!)
I love waterfalls! That looks like so much fun. The kids seemed to enjoy the sliding.
59 degrees!? That made me shiver just thinking about it! I thought the water at Lagoon-a-beach was freezing, and it was 74 degrees! BURRRR!!! But what a beautiful place. I love the water slide on the rocks. =)
How pretty! My boys would LOVE to slide down the rocks with your boys! Too FUn!
That looks like so much fun! I don't think I would be able to overcome the cold to try it out. :)
That looks like fun! I know what you mean about the water...when it is that cold I won't even go near the water!
Hey, that place looks a little familiar.
you guys have some beautiful places to visit out there! Wow, looks like so much fun!
You are so great! What fun. I LOVE waterfalls!! Sounds silly but I do. What a neat family day.
Post a Comment