Thursday, August 21, 2008

My garden...

Do you remember this picture? This is what it looked like a few weeks ago.
Here are some of our yummy green beans
Acorn squash anyone?
I have 4 watermelon that are still growing and looking good
jalapenos
here is a zucchini that was lost under some leaves
a perfect green pepper

acorn squash that is ready to eat
what is the world am I going to do with all of these?
or all of these...

or all of these?
Em asked if she could pick tomatoes today. We ended up picking 3 huge bowls full. I had NO idea we had that many ripe ones. We also picked a few other things that you see. I had just given a bunch of stuff to a few friends and still had this left over. I decided to try fresh salsa and it turned out pretty good. I have 6 things in the freezer and enough to make more tomorrow after getting more lime juice. I love my garden!!



10 comments:

Amy said...

I'll happily take your extra tomatoes:)

The Nixon Two said...

I love this time of year when all my summer gardening hard work pays off. There is nothing like fresh vegis from the garden. looking at the picture of your garden it's doing very well and it's very colorful. yummy!

AF Nixons said...

How fun...I wish we could grow something besides pineapple around here! We did get a few tomatoes off our plant but Brady said they tasted yucky. I have no idea why! We freeze jalapenos and use them all year to make homemade salsa so maybe you can freeze some.

allredclan said...

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous...

Hope that salsa turned out great! I wish I could be there to help you make AND eat it. =)

Chapman Herd said...

That made my garden piles seem itty bitty! Jealous! This year is the first year that my garden has struggled! Enjoy it!

Deborah said...

Pretty pictures of your bounteous harvest.

Anna said...

I wish I had it in me to do this...but I just don't.

Mary said...

Wow. My mouth is watering. I've got a good canning salsa recipe if you're interested.

Becky A said...

you have a green thumb, girl!

Kammi said...

Man your good!