Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First and Last


Our Pinewood Derby was a few weekend ago and they boys loved it! It was C's first one and T's last one. They designed, painted and sanded them. The only thing Chris did was the cutting and the wheels. We had the talk about it doesn't matter who wins, but it is all about having fun...blah blah blah...you know what I mean. They both won their first race and they were pretty happy. Well they continued to do great. How great you ask? Well T DIDN'T LOSE ONE RACE! He was so happy and so humble. What a great way for him to finish boy scouts. C also did great coming in 4th, not bad for your first race I say. What a great bunch of boys we have there were no mean words at all. They all cheered each other on! What a fun day!

10 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

Oh I remember those days. They were fun but stressful I'm glad you had such a good time. Congratuations Boys, We're proud of you for a race well done.

Chapman Herd said...

Nice job T and C! I can't wait till my twins are in Pinewood derby! With my wood skills we are going to kick some butt!! :-) but your Mom is right...it doesn't matter who wins or loses..as long as every one is having fun!

Beckey said...

How fun, I think I have a while before I ge!t to do that! Congrats boys

AF Nixons said...

Good for your boys. Pinewood Derby is not a nice word in our house. I hate the stress of having to make the perfect car...which we've never had yet. T will have to share some secrets with us! With three boys yet to get through the program, we've got to figure it out!

Deborah said...

What funny pictures, T is so happy and excited and C looks a little pained and not so sure why he is there. What different personalities from the same family.

nixon5 said...

way to go guys! Those are some awesome cars. What a way to end your last race.

The Nixon Two said...

"There were no mean words at all!"
Do you belong to the same church we do out here in the West? Mean words and pinewood seem to go together. but then maybe things have changed. It has been some time since our three boys competed!!

Anna said...

Way to go boys! And we miss you guys too!!

allredclan said...

I can't wait until I get to do this with my Caleb and tell Mike that he gets to do it all!!! HA! Paybacks for doing (uh.. I mean "helping") all those bug collections and science projects! Way to go, boys! Your cars look awesome! =D

Mary said...

Congratulations to your boys. Their cars look very cool!!