
I started running about 3 year ago as an attempt to lose weight from having all these babies I have! My dear friend Mary said she was running the town 5K for the 4th of July and I said I would do it with her. I had never ran before, other than high school gym class, but thought I could run the 3 miles. I started with one mile and just barely! I worked my way up to three and fell in love with running. I ran two races that year and that was it until today. I saw in the newspaper on Thursday that there was a race today right by my house. I woke up and thought what the heck? I wanted to see if I could still do it. I can and I did. My kids wanted to know if I won...I beat my other two times so I would have to say yes!
14 comments:
Now you should train for a Marathon like my crazy husband! You go Sis! Running is not my thing!
Way to go!! You look great.
I was hoping for an action shot of you actually running instead of just standing there -- like the dramatic crossing of the finish line or the initial jump of the gun, or the pouring the cup of water over your head as you run by the aid station. Surely your new camera is able to capture that! Next race...
You look so good! I'm serious! I have been running (well, walking really fast) on my treadmill) and I have to admit that I DON'T love it. I don't hate it either but I wish I liked it more. Do you remember that one summer we said we were going to go run the bleachers on the football field every morning...I don't think we even did it once! You are awesome that you do races! How fun!
(Oh, I had another dream about you...I need to call you. I think i am just getting really excited to see you!)
Oh you are so good. I wish I could have run the race with you. I guess I'll do my local July 4th race in your honor. So what was your time?
All we get in a moment like this is less than 200 words?! This is a great case in point for a longer, old fashioned e-mail or sharing with your fans and readers a "journal entry!" Thanks for sharing your picture and long caption. WE WANT MORE!!!!!
Way to Go Jo!
Now go have a slice or three of carrot cake at Phillips for me please =)
Mike
That's awesome! I cant with for NYC in September.
Way to go!! You look great too.
No way, good for you, we need to meet at Wegman's!!
Jo, sorry I'm so late at getting to this post. Life has been crazy these days. You know how proud and happy I am for you with this. Running a 5K is definitely something to be proud of! Yer awesome and I love you!
Yep...that should have said "wait". I cant WAIT for NYC in September.
Wow, that's great! Good job! Maybe I'll see you at the race on the 4th. I know what you mean about being in love with running.
Post a Comment