Sunday, February 28, 2010

4 words I never thought I would say

We got a dog!

Introducing Chancho!
He is a Shih-tzu Cockapoo. It all kind of happened so fast. The kids have been begging for years and I have always stayed strong. Puppies are a lot of work and messy. I am kind of a clean freak so the thought of a pet in the house....well lets just say I am slowly, very slowly getting used to seeing Chancho walking around my house. He is the best puppy. He sleeps in his crate all night. There has been no whining (from the dog anyway) We have had less than 5 messes in the house. We are very good to get him outside. We are all slowly learning to take care of him.
"Puppies for Dummies" is my new favorite book. The kids love him SO MUCH!

14 comments:

Deborah said...

What a good mom. Those kids will always feel special because they have a dog when others don't. He is precious!!

Amy said...

Awfully cute.

Alissa said...

He is adorable! You are doing a great job!

Anna said...

Oh my gosh! Yay! You are so great. If you ever need a dog sitter, call me.

allredclan said...

Oh my heck!!!! He is darling!!! I'm so proud of you for getting a puppy for your kids! I am still in the "no-the heck-way!" phase of my life. He really does look darling. Much better than the chipmunk swimming around in your toilet.

Amber Shellabarger said...

I can't decide between "sucker" and "good mom" either way your puppy is sooooo cute.

The Nixon Two said...

Just thought I'd tell you what picture dad put as our wall paper for our computer....Chancho
We think he is sooo cute.

Jodie said...

I am in love. Seriously. Emmalee came home and told me you had a dog now. I didn't believe her. So I quizzed Abby at school this morning. :) He is so sweet. We'd love to pup sit if you ever need someone.

nixon5 said...

he is adorable I can see why you caved in with a face like that.
What a great mom.

Chapman Herd said...

Chancho is THE BEST name ever!!! I love your cute Doggie!

Jill Gardner said...

He's adorable! Not quite as cute as your kids, but almost. You won't regret it -- well, most of the time.

Heidi said...

I ditto all the other comments. He really is CUTE!!!

Mary said...

I can't believe you did it!! OK...secretly I'm a little jealous. He is cute.

Beckey said...

He is SO cute. You are just starting with a dog and I have one that is almost 13 and won't be with us much longer. :( They really become part of the family.