
Dear grandpa Chester- Here is my garden. I am sorry. I know you had the most amazing garden growing up. I know you taught us well. I remember weeding and harvesting all your wonderful veggies. I have a good excuse. It has rained and rained all summer. There was no sun to make my soil warm for my tomatoes. All the rain made SO many weeds grow it was almost impossible to keep up. I got appendicitis and was out of commission for two weeks. I sent my kids out once and that was it. It was either the weeds or laundry and laundry won. I am sorry kids need clean clothes. I will do better next year I promise. Please rest in peace. I love you!
7 comments:
I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE this post!!
We have had nothing but rain here too! YUCK! We'll get a really nice day here and there but so far I have not been impressed with this summer! What a cute post!
Ugh at the rain. The rain, the rain, the rain. And where is the heat this year? Sorry about your garden. : (
At least you have a spot that you call a garden! Grandpa Chester would roll over in his grave if he knew all we grew were pineapples.
U r fune
:) I bet Grandpa is just happy that you put the effort in to start your garden. It makes me remember cutting and freezing all that corn. Good memories. Thanks!
You are so funny! If I had to choose.....kids and laundry come before the garden. The time with them goes by way too fast.
Post a Comment