Monday, July 20, 2009

First duet

Tyler has the most amazing piano teacher. We love her. She is so prefect for him and is even teaching him the organ. She had a great idea for him to play in sacrament meeting with his friend who is moving back to Utah this week. They played "God be with you till we meet again" they did a great job. He was so nervous. I wish you could have seen his smile when he was done and walking back to our seat. Deborah was sitting on the stand and had her iphone with her and took a picture for me. What a nice surprise. We are so proud of Tyler.
He is such a great kid!

16 comments:

Amy said...

I was so impressed with their duet in front of hundreds of people, most of them strangers. They looked so calm and poised. They did a great job.

Deborah said...

They did do a great job.

Elder Ethan Coleman said...

I'm sitting here crying as I look at this picture. Realizing how much I miss that ward and my dear friends there!!!

Charity said...

Impressive! I wish I had the talent and guts to play in sacrament meeting. Way to go Tyler!

Chapman Herd said...

Good Job T!!! Playing in sacrement meeting is a HUGE thing! I couldn't do it because I would get too nervous! The only thing that would make this picture better is if I could actually have been there to hear it!

The Nixon Two said...

This picture is priceless! I'm so proud of you.I wish I could have been there to hear you play. I'm glad your useing your talent. I still remember you playing the piano when I was there in January. I loved listening to you play. Miss you tons.

Anna said...

I hate that I miss these things. I would have sneaked in. Good job, T!

Paige Storheim said...

AHH Deborah, always ready! Great picture. Jo, what a great experience for him. It's just the beginning of many for him I am sure.

allredclan said...

Hooray for iPhones that take pictures when no one knows!!!! What a great photo! Great job, Tyler. Duets are much more difficult than playing solo because you have to not only be aware of what you are doing, but what the guy next to you is doing also. You are awesome!!!

AF Nixons said...

How neat to have such a great piano teacher who is also teaching him the organ. He'll be glad he has that talent someday (if he isn't already).

Heidi said...

So cool! Wish I had the guts to do that! Way to go!

Beckey said...

So great she was able to get a pic for you if that! What an awesome kid..I remember playing a song in sacrament and being scared to death! You should video him playing sometime and post it!

Mary said...

I wish I could have heard it! I wish I could still be his teacher!!

Seleta said...

T you played awesome! I was so proud of you and all of those people- it was the biggest recital ever! Way to go! keep up the Hymns and see you soon!

Becky A said...

I love piano! Such a great thing for kids to learn...

Melodie said...

What an awesome accomplishment! My kids are practicing duet pieces right now and will only have to play in front of the other kids that go to the same studio and their parents. Way to go T!