I love the 4th of July as much as Christmas. I look forward to it every year. Running the town 5k, swimming and grilling at the Pulleys with our great friends. Fireworks! All the red, white and blue. This year it just sucked! July 1st I got sick and by the next morning I still wasn't feeling well. I called our friendly doctor at home and he said to go to the ER. After much waiting and poking, prodding, CT scans, and more waiting it was determined that I had appendicitis. After spending most of the day with me I sent Chris home to be with the kids. I went in for surgery about 11:00pm and got up to my room at 2:00am. I wasn't feeling well enough to go home the next day so I stayed and went home on the 4th. The morning of the 4th I had a little pity party for myself and then was much better. I went home about 2:30, but after an hour of being home I got so sick and had a fever of almost 102. The surgeon said get back to the ER so away we went. The longer I sat int he ER the better I was feeling and my fever was gone. I went for xrays. There was something on my lungs that they thought might be pneumonia, but they couldn't hear it and my white blood count was normal, so I was told I was ok. I am on two different kinds of antibiotics so that will (or should) clear up anything in my lungs. We got home from the hospital at 12:30am on July 5th. Like I said our 4th of July sucked.
I am feeling better, but not great. I am still so full of fluids that nothing fits. I have the fattest legs and ankles, but I know I am on the road to recovery. I can't run for about a month which is killing me. I am just happy that this is something that I can recover from and I will be up and normal before too long. I have the best friends in the world. Meals, childcare, piano lessons, soccer practice...you name it. It is all taken care of.
Thanks guys I couldn't have done it with out you.
I am feeling better, but not great. I am still so full of fluids that nothing fits. I have the fattest legs and ankles, but I know I am on the road to recovery. I can't run for about a month which is killing me. I am just happy that this is something that I can recover from and I will be up and normal before too long. I have the best friends in the world. Meals, childcare, piano lessons, soccer practice...you name it. It is all taken care of.
Thanks guys I couldn't have done it with out you.
15 comments:
Oh, Joanna! I'm so sorry that you were sick during the holiday. Glad to know that you're feeling better. Please let everyone take care of you so that you'll recover quicker.
We will do it all over again in 362 days.
Jo, I feel so bad when I know I can't do anything to help you! I wish I were there just to give you a hug! Get feeling better soon...next 4th of July will be much better!!!
Jo, I feel so bad when I know I can't do anything to help you! I wish I were there just to give you a hug! Get feeling better soon...next 4th of July will be much better!!!
JO! I am SOO very glad that you are home and feeling better! We are all praying for you!
Thank you Joanna's Friends for taking care of my sister and her family!
We love you all!
Joanna! I'm so sorry. That's the worst. I hope you are on your way to a speedy recovery. Take care and don't over do it.
Thanks to the friends close by for taking care of you from the friend who's too far away to help.
Get well soon!!!
Glad to hear you are getting better. That is not a fun 4th, but glad its taken care of. Get better quick.
I'm glad to hear that things were more serious but so sorry that your 4th was spoiled. Maybe you'll have to do a do over on the 24th even though they don't celebrate Pioneer Day in New York. well everything but the race. Take it easy it's better than having a setback.
We've been so worried about you, and glad that you are doing better. Know that we pray for you every day, and hope that you feel better as each day goes by.
Sorry the 4th was so yucky. We love you!
Oh, Joanna, I'm so sorry! But I love the picture you got out of it (the one Amanda drew of you in the "hosbitl").
That does seriously stink, Joanna. I'm glad you're on the mend now.
We are so glad you are feeling better. We hope you recover quickly.
You are right. Your 4th did suck! I hope you are feeling better. I wish I could have been there to help!
Just checking in with your family I know so long I've been terrible, but what a bummer for you on July 4th. So glad you are better, now I hope for the best for Tyler! So sorry to read about that! Our prayers are with you. P
You poor thing! Sounds like you have great friends! Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment