Friday, July 17, 2009

it's back

T had a routine MRI this week. We were not met with the news that we were hoping for. A few days after the MRI we were in the office for another sinus infection and when I asked about the MRI she said "We'll talk about that in minute." I knew right then that it wasn't good news. The tumor has started to grow back. She will be sending the film down to Dr. Snyderman and we will go from there. We will know (hopefully) in the coming weeks what we will be doing. As you can imagine T was not happy. He sat in the car crying for a while. He is not looking forward to another surgery. I tried to cheer him up. We went swimming, he went to Noah's soccer game, he had a sleep over, he is killing brain cells on the x-box. You all know he loved hearing from you and hearing (reading) words on encouragement. Let him know you are there. :) We are feeling much more calm. We know what it is. We have great doctors. We know where we will be going. We will keep you posted. Please keep him in your prayers.

13 comments:

Anna said...

T - there is no doubt that this just stinks. But you've done this once, and now you know what to expect and how best to get through it. You are tough. I know you are. Eli wants to add that he "wants to see Tyler". We love you.

Charity said...

We will definitely be praying for you Tyler! I don't know you personally, but I have loved your wonderful mom for 20 years. Hang in there and know that there are many people rooting for you here and on the other side of the veil!

nixon5 said...

Good luck with everything. You have already proved how strong you are. keep us posted.

Mary said...

I just read your email. My heart is aching for you all. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Sherry said...

I'm so sorry. Just a set back. Be strong. Everything will be ok. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. xoxo

Jill Gardner said...

I'm always excited when I see a new post from the Gregory family, but I sure didn't like reading this one. You have a lot of inner strength, T, and I know you will come out on the other side even stronger than before. I'm just sorry you don't have a choice in the matter. I will be praying for you.

Love,
Mrs. Gardner

Beckey said...

Dangit! I'm so sorry. You will get through this and everything will be fine! We'll keep praying!

Tori said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I was so inspired by your hopefulness & positivity the last time you went through this, I hope that fills your home this time too. We will definitely be praying for your family and a speedy recovery!

The Nixon Two said...

T I'm so sorry that you have to go through more surgery. I know that it is hard to think about but I also know how very strong you are, and that things will work out for you. Grandpa put your name in the Temple and we are praying for you and your family all the time. We LOVE and miss you.

allredclan said...

Hey, Tyler! Just wanted to let you know that we love you and have been praying for you. I'm sorry that nasty thing is back. At least you know that you have beat it before and will beat it again. Again, we love you!

Heidi said...

What a bummer - I'm so sorry - My thoughts and prayers are with you!

karaelmore said...

Tyler - you strong strong boy/man. :) We put your names in the temple last night. We pray for you and we love you ... You can do this again! We know it!!

Jodie said...

Oh my goodness. I can only imagine how you must feel. Please know that so many people are thinking of you and praying for all of you!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do.