Friday, April 3, 2009

who's boys are these?

Guess what I did all morning?
Clean my boys room. I am a clean person. I like having a clean house. I decided today to clean their room, not how they like it clean, but how I like it clean. These are the two buckets of toys that I got out of their drawers (that's right I even did the drawers) This is what they will have to put away when they get home. Most of it is Legos! Before you look at the next picture please don't judge me.
This is the garbage I pulled out of the drawers, under the bed and on the book shelf.
Here are the books that were in the drawers and shelves around C's bed.
Here is one bed looking nice.
Here is a picture of the floor. Isn't it a beautiful sight? How long do you think it will last? It is 2:13 right now. T should be home any minute and C gets home at 4. Just under two hours!

15 comments:

Beckey said...

Spring is in the air isn't it? I need to Spring Clean my whole house...probably starting with my girls room! Maddies bed is exactly the same as C's. She is on the top bunk and there are always multiple books, notebooks, diaries, papers, PENCILS PENCILS PENCILS...etc...all over her bed. I really don't understand how she sleeps! So I laughed when I saw the pic of the books from his bed! I guess that is what I need to do, clean it out myself so it really gets clean and do it when they are gone to school! :)

Chapman Herd said...

The room looks Awesome, but if they are anything like my boys....it won't last! Maybe 5 minutes. DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!

Anna said...

Now that's a chore, Jo. I am curious to know how long it lasted myself!

nixon5 said...

I love the feeling after a clean room. LOVE IT!!! My boys are total opposite one side is very neat and organized the other side well bulldozers would do well on that side of the room. Way to take a picture too.

Sherry said...

I love the pile of books. I love deep cleaning and throwing stuff away. It's like therapy.

The Nixon Two said...

So "you created a neatness" as your brothers used to say to me when I did the same thing. But your right it doesn't last long but at least I knew that it was clean for a little while and that made all the difference. Way to go Joanna it looks GREAT

Jill Gardner said...

You inspire me. I'm off to clean! (But I have to admit, it's not the kids' stuff anymore. It's mine.)

The Nixon Two said...

Whose bare floor is this. I have never seen it look as nicely as it does? Did you buy a new house?

AF Nixons said...

So funny! It's my girls whose room I could haul four bags of garbage out of. Surprisingly, my three boys who share a room are much cleaner than the two girls. The pile of books just made me smile, he and Tucker are two peas in a pod.

allredclan said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hauls garbage bags of trash out of my kids rooms when I clean them. But I will be honest, Jo. Isn't that how their room usually looks? That's how it always looks when I come to visit and get to sleep in there. =)

Deborah said...

It is nice while it lasts. Don't you feel like you can breathe better now?

Charity said...

I have to do that to my girls rooms periodically too. It's amazing how much they "collect" over time. Nothing like a nice clean room. Auburn has kept hers clean....Lauren, not so much.

Sarah said...

Is it still clean? It looks great! My girls are wishing I'd do their room.

Becky A said...

inspiring...I need to do the same thing!

Mary said...

It is actually kind of comforting to know that I'm not the only mom out there who is dumping large bags of trash filled with kiddie garbage. It's amazing how fast it piles up.