Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving

There is nothing like a Thanksgiving post two weeks before Christmas. Oh Well!! We had a great Thanksgiving. Our family tradition is watching the Parade and then going to Cracker Barrel. We love it there. My kids love to play this game.
My darling little Ab! Such a sweetie who loves her mom more then anything. This is a good thing....most days.
I love this kid. I love that she poses for me no matter where we are.
"Mom now take a picture of me doing this"
I love her also. Do you want to know what she had for Thanksgiving dinner?
A grilled cheese sandwich.
He is the only one, other than me, who had turkey for dinner. This is the main reason why we eat out. Why would I spend the day in the kitchen cooking something that I KNOW my kids will not eat. C had pancakes, the girls had macaroni and cheese (SO GOOD here!) Chris had shrimp. The best part is that when we came home we were full and my kitchen was clean.

12 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

Guess what??? We ate at Cracker Barrel too. :) Our dinner wasn't as fun as yours was I'll bet. Seeing your pictures made me remember the Thanksgiving we spent with you while we were in Buffalo. By the way how is Rosemary? I need to get her phone number from you so I can call her.

Amy said...

What a great family tradition. I love that the kitchen is clean all day long.

nixon5 said...

That is my kind of thanksgiving!
I love it. I'm not big on all the dinner items and alot of work for one meal really, Sounds like fun to me.

Beckey said...

I never posted about Thanksgiving either...probably because we didn't celebrate it! We actually did go out to dinner, but it was just another day up here. Our friends had us over the following Sunday for a dinner which was nice. Yeah for clean kitchens!!! Travis LOVES Cracker Barrell, we have not eaten there in YEARS! Glad you had a nice day. The pictures of the kids are so cute, I love that Am always poses for you, she is so stinkin' cute! They all are!

Becky A said...

your kids are beautiful, Joanna. What a fun tradition! I actually just read an article about how more people eat out on thanksgiving than one would think...Fun!

Deborah said...

I wish we had been there with you.

Anna said...

Love this idea so much. Everyone looks happy and mom doesnt get stressed.

Heidi said...

What a great idea! Nate and I went with Ellie to Belgian Waffle and then to a movie! Crazy, huh?!

Sherry said...

You're so funny! You have a great point though - why spend all that time if your kids aren't going to eat it anyway. I'm glad you had a great day.

allredclan said...

A clean kitchen? I'm jealous. I was up until 2 AM making pies the night before Thanksgiving that nobody ate. Next time I'm buying them like everyone else.

Jaime said...

What a fun tradition. Clean kitchen is nice that day!

Stephanie said...

I like that tradition!