Friday, June 10, 2011

Cookies

During spring break we decided to try making sugar cookies with Royal icing. It was so much fun and man were they good.

Aren't they so cute!


Here are our cookies. Vanilla and chocolate. (I didn't love the chocolate, but worth a try)
After the cookies had cooled for a good day, I made the icing which is pretty tricky. I put it in the bottles, which is even more tricky (almost impossible)
and let the kids do the decorating. Chris and I had done some the night before. It really is so much fun all the different things you can do with this icing.
Here are the finished cookies. I put mine on top. :) We took them to Easter dinner at the Pulleys. I didn't want them around the house any longer. I am running extra miles trying to get rid of all the ones I ate.

2 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

Will you make me some of these when we come out? PLEASE!

The Nixon Two said...

Not interested at all in your cookies!! Your dad wrote this. How about some homemade graham crackers!