Friday, January 7, 2011

Swimming Starts

We are all so excited for Tyler to swim on the swim team. He had her first meet today and we couldn't wait, but for many different reasons. I was excited to watch him compete...the kids were excited to play their ipods for an hour....
uninterrupted....not even bothering to look up and cheer for their brother.
she did cheer for her brother and her good friend Annabel.
(I made this hat) :)
getting ready
swimmers take your mark
as you can see in the bottom left corner there is a kid a head of T
by the time they did their flip turn T was fast enough to catch up. He came in second...only seconds behind this kid. We are so proud of him.
I can't wait to watch him for the next few months.

4 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

Great Job T. Some of my best students were swimmers. I always referred to the girls as "Ariel" but never could come up with a name for boy swimmers. Having watched many swim meets I can appreciate your devotion and effort.

Amber Shellabarger said...

You made that hat? It is darling. Hold is T? He seems so young to be having swim meets. Way to go!

Chapman Herd said...

What a fun thing to be involved in! Way to go T!

BTW Joanna.... You MUST make a hat for Haylee..She would love you forever!...and ever

nixon5 said...

way to go T. !!! what a fun thing for winter to be able to go do.