Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

We had the most wonderful, fabulous, relaxing day today.
Our traditional Christmas Day breakfast is sugary cereal that we normally don't buy.
One box for each kid.
Em was hoping for fluffy slippers
Am was hoping for an easel
she was nice enough to share
C wanted books (shocker I know)
This one wanted clothes and barbies
she wasn't disappointed
T got a phone with unlimited texting.....and so it begins.
We didn't leave the house once. We sat around and relaxed. We got to talk to our grandparents. We skyped (video phone over the Internet) with our cousins, which was a highlight for us.
What you see here is all the pictures I took. I videoed the morning (some, but not all) and just really enjoyed the day without the lens. I wish every day was like Christmas.

4 comments:

Jill Gardner said...

I loved reading about your Christmas eve and Christmas day. What a perfect combination of fun and relaxation. I love your Christmas eve tradition. Just the smile on the habitat owner's face would have been enough for me! God bless you all in 2011!

The Nixon Two said...

Wow. Tell the kids to stop growing until we see them this summer. To stay at home on Christmas is, in itself, a very nice gift. WE visited with your siblings and hope they were able to relax as much as you seem to have relaxed. Glad to see that Chris was a part of your pictures. Does he know you took that one?

Chapman Herd said...

even though I miss you like crazy around Christmas (other times too) I am glad you have "family" in New York that love you as much as I do!

Amber Shellabarger said...

One box each? Do they eat it all that morning? Glad you had a good Christmas.