Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mendon Ponds

Last week for FHE we decided to take the kids on a walk through Mendon Ponds.
We were on the "Devil's Bathtub" trail.
"Are they twins?" We get asked that ALL the time.
She was actually willing to pose for me this night.
A bit dark, but I love it.
Our walk soon turned into fishing. There were so many fish.
They were just using hooks on twigs.

She was the first one to catch a fish.
During all the excitement of trying to let Am's fish free,
E caught one all by herself.
He wasn't too far behind.
Almost the last one...we were using bread from our sandwiches. While he was trying to catch his fish a huge snapping turtle came out from under the dock and tried to get our bread. It scared the littlest one a bit, but she still wanted to try.
Notice how she is keeping her toes away from the dock?
A closer look at her fishing.
Once she caught it she took off. She wanted nothing to do with it. She wouldn't hold it up for me or even feel it. She was very proud of herself though. We had a great time and they have been begging to go back.

8 comments:

nixon5 said...

looks like so much fun, love the one of all of them looking into the water so cute.

The Nixon Two said...

What fun things you find to do with your kids. The one of Ab's back side just made me laugh, a lot of our grandkids have the same problem. You really are good at taking cute pictures of your kids. We love and miss you all tons.

Deborah said...

What a fun FHE. I wouldn't have thought of going fishing.

Chapman Herd said...

Oh the joy a little plumbers crack brings me when its on cute little girls! My daughter has that same problem. What a fun FHE!

Beckey Buxton said...

Oh Joanna! I laughed SO hard at her cute little bum crack picture! What a fun FHE! I love your cute little family!

Anna said...

Too fun. I wouldnt touch a fish either!

Charity said...

I love the 2nd & 5th pictures! I don't blame your daughter for getting away from that fish. The first time I went fishing, I caught a fish and started to cry. :)

Tori said...

Great pictures! Awesome FHE. You are such a fun mom!! Ps....they do look like twins :) !