Thursday, September 20, 2007

That went fast!

I can't believe that it is almost over. We were so excited to get to see grandma and grandpa for a whole year and spend time with them. I knew they would be serving a mission, but I also knew we would get to see them some time. Most of all I just wanted the kids to get to know them and build relationships with them.
I wanted to have good memories that my kids would never forget. The girls LOVE grandma. Who wouldn't. When ARG wants to be held grandma will always hold her. Grandma paints nails, sews, combs hair, and the list could go on and on.
We have had many good dinners at this table this past year.
Grandpa is loved by all. They love to climb on him, look at books with him, ask him questions.
In just a few short weeks we will have to take another picture on this couch but we will be saying good-bye and not hello. I wonder if the faces will be full of tears and not smiles. I think both. Thank goodness good-byes are not forever. I am going to try and post some of the fun things we have done with them this past year. We have LOVED every minute of it!

3 comments:

Chapman Herd said...

I am SOO glad you got to have them for a year! We have sure missed them, but you deserve to have them too! Love the post! It made me cry!!

Beckey said...

How fun that you guys got a whole year with them! Did they stay with you or did they have a place of their own? They couch pic almost made me cry because it reminded me of when we left Utah for Halifax and had to say good bye to my family. You should see some of the pictures. If I looked at them right now they could make me cry they are so sad! But that is so neat that your kids got to know their grandparents so well!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh - that made me cry. They are wonderful grandparents! So glad you got to be with them and enjoy them at this time.