I have two great recipes that I wanted to share with you. We have had so many Zucchini this year and have really enjoyed this bread recipe. Also the other one is a bean salad or salsa. We always serve it with chips. It is so easy and SO good. It is great to take to a picnic or to a big gathering.
Zucchini Bread
1 C. sugar (I use half white half brown)
2 eggs
1/2 C. oil (I use half applesauce)
1 C. grated zucchini
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1 C. chocolate chips
Beat eggs, beat in sugar. Stir in oil, zucchini, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Shakespeare's Salad
1 can black beans
1 can black eyed peas
1 C. frozen corn
1-2 diced green peppers
1-2 diced red peppers
3 diced tomatoes
3-4 green onions
2 cloves minced garlic
3/4 C. diced cilantro (I hate this and never add it)
1 bottle Italian dressing ( I have used Newmans and something else and Newmans is the best)
drain beans, chop remaining ingredients, mix in dressing and serve with chips
YUMMY!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
yummy recipes
Posted by Joanna at 9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment