Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Springdale Farm

Monday I spent the afternoon with 14 kids at the farm. Very fun....very SMELLY!
Am had been telling Ab all morning how smelly it was. She took the same field trip 2 years ago and she still remembers. I knew it would be smelly, but I wasn't prepared for it really.
Oh my it was bad. After a few minutes one of the cute little boys said "it's not so bad anymore now that I am used to it." Our tour guide said "good because this is as good as it is going to get. Our barn cleaner broke this morning and when we go in it is really going to stink" I was wishing I hadn't signed up for this one. :)
Here are all the cows. It wasn't as bad as she made it sound. The little room where we watched the milking was worse. Thankfully this was really the worse part and we had a lovely time after.
This is Ricky
he is a 6 year old, 800 pound pig. When we told Am about the pig when we got home she said "wow that is going to be some pretty good bacon!"
we got to pet a rooster
a duckling
a chick
listen to a bunny's heart
climb on the hay
see baby goats
Here is Ab with the farm Border Collie guess what her name was?
What a fun fun day.

4 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

Gee, when Joanna was small she also would go to the diary farm and see cows and pet animals. It must be a generation thing. It is good to see kids learning about things.

Deborah said...

I know that smell and it is bad!

Chapman Herd said...

What a fun field trip! Cows are EXTRA stinky!!!

nixon5 said...

What cute pictures. I love the one with the little girl in the background plugging her nose.
Cute one of her and the Dog.