Monday, June 8, 2009

Back to Mendon Ponds

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL!! After much deliberation we ended up back at Mendon Ponds. Here is the first thing we saw! I couldn't believe how small this was. The kids were very concerned that there wasn't a mother close, but after we were done for the day it was gone.
We went with buckets and shovels.
This isn't really sand...well the kind you want to dig in and build sandcastles with.
They didn't care. They still had so much fun.
After about 45 minutes of tying to get the boat filled with a compressor, poor Chris did it the old fashion way. It only lasted about 10 minutes.
There was a small hole and the air was quickly escaping.
Playing in the sand
There were SO MANY geese and baby goslings where we were. We luckily had a lot of day old bread in the car for this reason. He is getting pretty daring here getting that close.
They are getting a little closer here and moving fast. He is trying to get up on the wall.
I love this picture. I kept the camera on him because I knew it was bound to happen. Geese chasing him wanting bread.
Here he is safe on the wall.
We ran out of bread so it was back into the water.
We had so much fun. I even got a little sun on my legs and neck. Am I happy about that? No, but I am happy that there was sun to get. It has been a gray spring. I like sun!

7 comments:

Beckey said...

I didn't see T is any of the pics! The baby deer was SO sweet! The 1st pic of C kind of freaked me out for just a second...it looks like he lost his left arm... :) Glad you are getting some sun...isn't it funny how here in the east you have to watch for the sun to come out and when it does you have to totally take advantage of it!?

Anna said...

Aww...baby deer. Looking forward to that sun coming and staying for a while.

Deborah said...

Looks like a good time. I didn't realize you guys had gone in swimsuits. You failed to mention it was only 70 degrees on Saturday.

Charity said...

That looks so fun! The geese would have freaked me out. Usually the mamas are pretty mean when they have babies. Glad there weren't any nipped ankles. :)

allredclan said...

I LOVE those Canadian geese! They are my favorite! There are a bunch of them all over the Lagoon grounds as well. Love it! Oh... cute kids too. ;) Love you!

Chapman Herd said...

What a fun Saturday!! One of my Kids (can't remember which) was Chased by an angry mother goose and it freeked him out! Love that Picture of C!

The Nixon Two said...

What a fun day for all of you. All we have had is rain every day. and it really isn't that warm either. How fun to spend it basking in the sun.. I remember when I was small how much fun we used to have playing in a boat on a lake.