I am taking a Death and Dying class this semester and I LOVE it! I has really made me think. Why is everyone so afraid to die or talk about death? Isn't is part of life? I feel like it may be a bit easier for me to take this class because of my religion and faith. I know what happens after I die and I know it isn't the end. I feel bad for some of these young kids with no direction in their life. Some of the comments and questions break my heart. I want to stand and scream (in a nice loving voice) death is nothing to be afraid of. Death isn't the end. Death is sad, but only for a moment. There is hope. Here is a book to read.
I have a paper due on Friday and it has proved to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I have to write my funeral plan and my own obituary. My funeral plan will change depending on when I die, so I may have to write two of those. My family will be involved, so beware siblings and parents. :) I want my sister to play the piano with my friends on their instruments, a flute, and two violins. I am not sure of the song yet. My other sister can share my life story. I want my dad to speak, but if I live to be 80 he will be gone, so you see why I will need two funeral plans.
The hardest part is my obituary. I can write it as if i were to die tomorrow or in 60 years. What would I want it to say? What accomplishments do I want to have accomplished in my life that would be worth writing about. I am a wife and mother. The two things I wanted most in this life. I guess I could say I was blessed with a loving husband and 5 amazing kids, 5 wonderful siblings, 25 sweet nieces and nephews, many fabulous friends, and 2 loving parents. What more could a girl want. But really it needs to be longer than that for the paper. :) What would you say? How would you want to be remembered? Here is a nice blog post that my friend sent me.
http://www.bemorewithless.com/2011/redefine-your-lovely-life/
It has really got me thinking, but I must think fast. The paper is due in 2 days.
It has really got me thinking, but I must think fast. The paper is due in 2 days.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness...what about your musicals in high school that you loved to do! You have a lot of talent that you left out! AND...you are a wonderful friend! That would be interesting...hmmm...makes me think! What would my kids say about me at my funeral???
You should definitely include something about you being the kind of mother that other mothers watched and tried to emulate. Because it is not a coincidence that I would sit behind you in church all the time. You were a wonderful example to me.
I had to give the relief society lesson a couple of weeks ago- 'reflections of a consecrated life"- Christopherson, Nov 2010 conf. It made me think about just this. I would want to be known to have lived a "consecrated' life. Maybe a tad religious, but I think birth and death are the two times in life that one thinks about religion. Good luck with the paper. BTW, I agree, a good marriage and being a mother are the best things!
Make sure you have life insurance so when you die, your relatives and family are not strapped to cover your expenses which amount to about tenK right now to bury a person. Your dad contributed this.
I would say that you were a friend that made others feel important. Now our age difference isn't such a big deal, but in Jr. High & High School it was. You always made me feel welcome & loved....and we had so much fun laughing. Love you, Joanna!
Post a Comment