Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My big news

No we aren't moving. I am NOT pregnant. My big news (big to me anyway) is that I am going back to school. Something that I have always said I would do once my kids were all in school. I just can't believe it is here. I did a few semesters after high school, but I didn't have a lot of money and I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up, :) so to me I felt like I was throwing away my money. My parents helped out where they could, like buying my most expensive book. (hmm..I wonder if they will still do that??? $125.00 just in case :) ) I have always told Chris this is something I wanted to do and felt like I should do. I want to feel smart. Anyway he is the one who put the idea back in my head with our youngest off to kindergarten. So as of September 7th (my first day) I will be a part time student at MCC. GO ME!

19 comments:

allredclan said...

You are incredible, Joanna!!! I am so happy for you! I know what you mean about feeling smart. I miss that sometimes. You are my hero! Going back to school is way harder than running a marathon!

Amy said...

GO YOU!!!! What exciting news and what an exciting adventure.

Beckey said...

I totally thought you were going to say you were pregnant!!! LOL

That is awesome! I am really excited for you! I think it's great and would like to do the same when Mason is full day at school. I would love an education now that I am {grown up} and know what I really would like to do.

Good luck with everything!! Do you know what you are going to do?

Jill said...

That's great news. And I'm so relieved to know you're not moving. Something you said -- I forget now what -- made me pretty sure it wasn't another little Gregory, much as we'd all love that. You still haven't said what you want to be when you grow up, or is figuring that out part of the point? You have a gazillion people cheering for you!

Deborah said...

Selfish me--I am glad you aren't pregnant!
You'll do great!

Alissa said...

That is great news!! Enjoy the ride of this new adventure and chapter in your life. You will do great!

Chapman Herd said...

AWESOME!!! SO now that you are grown up.... What DO you want to be?

Sherry said...

That is fantastic! Go You! It is surprising how much I love school and love to learn. You'll find the same thing, I'm sure. It is so much different going as an adult than right after high school. If it wasn't so hard to work and go to school, I could totally be a professional student.

Amanda said...

That's awesome! I don't think any of your classmates will expect that you are a mother of 5 and that one of your kids is a teenager! That's great, way to go.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

That IS exciting news. I think it is wonderful. So what DO you want to be when you grow up? I am glad that I am not the only one who does not know. Thanks for sharing. I can FINALLY turn my computer off and get some work done :)

Heather Jewell said...

I am so excited for you (and jealous)!

So, what are you going to study?

Anonymous said...

Hooray! And remember, I am a great proof-reader--feel free to send me your papers.

Mary said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you. You will do great!!

Amber Shellabarger said...

That is very exciting. I have that on my to do list too when my kids get big. You are very brave. What are you going into do you know yet? Good luck!!

nixon5 said...

Yay!!! that is sooo exceiting!! way to go. Have fun in school

Becky A said...

AWESOME! I always feel like such a hypocrite when I talk college college college to my kids (which I do, a lot) Good for you for going back....I want to feel smart, too! Maybe in a few more years.

Jen Fritz Photography said...

Joanna I think this is great news!! I can hardly wait to hear/read about this adventure. BTW I love your hair. I see my hair dresser tomorrow. I'm up for a change. You may have started something...

Rebecca's LIS 506 Blog said...

You won't regret it, Joanna! It was so scary to me at first, but it is so rewarding and such a great example for your kids. Yesterday I got to take my girls to UB to pick up my parking permit for the fall semester and they were enthralled with "mom's college". You will be great with whatever you decide to pursue. Plus, we can meet at Panera and study together - I can give you the scoop on all of the best places to study!