Thursday, June 17, 2010

the basement

here is my basement two days ago
go ahead and close your eyes or look the other way. That is what I usually do.
Align CenterIt's a mess...I am never down there so it usually stays messy.
The problem with a messy basement is the kids won't play in it.
Here is my basement today.
sing with me now...hallelujah
I went through ALL the toys and got everything in the proper buckets. Then I loaded them in my car and took them to my friends.(I only kept a few)
I love giving away stuff. It makes me happy.
the problem with a clean basement...the kids want to play in it. (and mess it up all over again)

10 comments:

The Nixon Two said...

I cannot believe the total makeover. There must be an incentive for keeping it clean. It looks lovely. I would almost want to play in your clean basement.

The Nixon Two said...

WOW!!!!!! That is amazing. no wonder it took you all day, but it reakky looks nice and I agree with dad I want to play in your clean basement. Way to go Joanna

Anna said...

Yay - great job! Feel like doing mine?

Amy said...

I love your clean basement because the toys your dropped off for my kids have made them so happy. Jack goes to sleep playing with the helicopter and wakes up playing with the helicopter. It is a win win situation for us both:)

Deborah said...

Wow. My Basement needs a makeover.
How nice it must be for you to unburden yourself.

Heather Jewell said...

Wow, that is a ton of work. It looks great!

Heather Jewell said...

By the way, I love the new background.

Chapman Herd said...

Hallelujah for Two days until the kids play again! I know....it happens to me ALL THE TIME!!!! Until then, it looks fabulous!!!

Charity said...

Extreme makeover, basement edition. It looks fabulous!

nixon5 said...

YAY!!! It did make me want to sing a heavenly sound of aahhhhhhhhhh because that is how I feel everytime I clean ours. Loooks so good. I love all the kids in their games too. I would love to watch her play lacross. Soccer is always fun to watch too.